Admin

New Survival Update - STEADFAST RANGER - Coming May 6th, 2019

Posted (edited)

@thekillergreece Maybe so... I'm just going by what was posted.  Trying to be a voice of reason.  I've already seen some snarky comments on twitter... and frankly I doubt that is really going to accomplish any thing good.

Edited by ManicManiac

ALRIGHT! :D

Thank you Hinterland Team... Thank you for everything.

Okay, so I just finished watching the update video.  Though I won't be  able to try it out until later, I have to say - I like everything about this that I've seen so far.  :) 

Posted (edited)

You can try restarting steam and revalidating your game files... other than that I do see in the patch notes that they are aware of known issue with the engine that can cause crashes - and that they are working on it.

1 hour ago, Admin said:

* We are working with Unity to resolve a known, rare crash in the engine. This crash appears to only affect Windows players, although it may appear on other platforms. The crash seems to be a memory issue that is triggered by transitioning between scenes. We will release a fix for the crash as soon as we’re able to diagnose the root cause. In the mean time, we recommend you Save Often (in WINTERMUTE) or Rest Often (in Survival; Resting triggers a save). For more information, please refer to our Support Portal.

Edited by ManicManiac

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

You can try restarting steam and revalidating your game files... other than that I do see in the patch notes that they are aware of known issue with the engine that can cause crashes - and that they are working on it.

lol,

how can i save often in wintermute, if i even cant get the game to run?  it simply crashes directly in the bootup sequence, after i hit the button to continue...

and yes, i did the file check 2x, started steam and tld  with admin..rebooted, relogged...but....nada

Edited by feiercrack

Hi all, I have received the Update as a UWP Windows 10 Store app. It has updated now to Version: 1.48.47675.2

Will test it later. If there are any issues, I will report it over the preferred way ;-) Not in the forum.

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Lol! I dare you. Post video too. :D

I'll just leave this right here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To @ajb1978:

"This is the greatest handgun ever made... 6 bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves."
- Revolver Ocelot

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

To @ajb1978:

"This is the greatest handgun ever made... 6 bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves."
- Revolver Ocelot

Pretty darn close!  Ocelot favored the Colt single-action army, but the revolver in TLD is evidently a double-action, as there is no specific animation drawing back the hammer before firing.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

Pretty darn close!

Yeah, I know... that's why I omitted his reference to his Colt SAA... I just thought the quote was fitting.

Edited by ManicManiac

Just now, ManicManiac said:

Yeah, I know it's not the same gun... that's why I omitted his reference to it... I just thought the quote was fitting.

Very much.  Now I can't wait to try my luck on a bear.  I encountered one earlier but I gave him the slip as per usual when not specifically out bear hunting.  Now I'm thinking that was a missed opportunity.

2 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

can't wait to try my luck on a bear

"Strike... strike true"
- Captain James Hook

45 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I'll just leave this right here.

Have I told you I adore you lately? 

No?

Well, I'll just leave that there... ;)