New Survival Update - STEADFAST RANGER - Coming May 6th, 2019

Admin

4 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

So, how is the rifle going to be missed, unless I am not understanding the meaning of your comment?

Apologies for the confusing and vague comment. I was a little busy.

The rifle model has changed once more In a more recent video. It is a higher detail model with new textures. I wasnt able to tell much about the textures due to compression but the wood seems to have gotten more reddish in color and  have less stylized brush strokes. Again, compression made textures unclear but the model was definitely new. 

(check hinterland game's twitter)

Edited by MarrowStone

7 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@hozz1235: I think @thekillergreece was referring to the current animations of them wondering around, occasionally stopping before changing direction, or to howl.  I was just pointing out that I think with the new animations seem more articulated and the movements much more natural (even showing some personality, so to speak).

Thanks for clarifying it for me.

Well, I just saw the twitter update about Steadfast Ranger.  :D (much excitement)

Although,
I really hope that the revisions to the spraining system are more in depth than what looks to me like an incline warning.  Perhaps the short GIF that was attached to the post has nothing to do with that (and perhaps I am drawing the wrong conclusion), but it looked to me like it was an incline warning.  Perhaps it's just for the steeper inclines maybe?  I'm not sure how I would feel about constantly seeing that HUD icon popping in and out whenever I'm not traversing perfectly level ground.

Fingers crossed, can't wait to see what's in store. :) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Guest hoasd1

Awesome,thanks Hinterland.

now i can see the wolf sprinting speed decreased so he won't be as fast as motorcycle :D

Very much looking forward to this update. I must say that the behaviour the wolf is displaying in the little gif at the beginning of this thread has me a lot more excited than the introduction of the revolver. You get an assortment of different guns in every other game on the market. But being captivated when watching wildlife - that is something rare and different. I have advocated for a long time that wildlife should appear more 'sentient' - should look around, should look at the player (when discovered), should raise nose/nostrils into the wind or hold them down to the floor, trying to pick up a scent. I was half expecting the wolf in the gif to turn around and look at me. Now that would make my hair stand on end! A wolf which visibly searches its surroundings, detecting the spectator!

• Upvote 4

I had a 160-something day voyager die yesterday. I was carrying a bag of bear meat in the dark and got attacked by 2 wolves haha. That will do it. 
I was so close to the security booth when that second wolf charged out of nowhere. Was like: "whew, I am safe now... AAAAAAAAH!".
Anyways, I am ready to find the revolver tomorrow :) 

Edited by XAlaskan_420X
Terrible typo

11 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I keep watching the GIFs of the wolf they posted on Twitter... I still kind of wonder if they managed to MoCap a 4 legged friend.

There is actually some gif picture material on Hinterland's Twitter channel which is not found here on these forums (or at least I did not yet stumble across it, I admittedly did not do a thorough search). I usually try to avoid Twitter, but today it might be worth a visit. Is it my imagination, or is there a new running speed for the wolf? In the gif displaying the wolf being shot at with the revolver and turning heel, I have the sensation that it runs away much faster than it was approaching. If my perception is correct, I like it very much! Also new struggle animation, with more transparent explanation of the effects of the different defence tools. In the gif displaying the new energy drink (or whatever the reddish bottle is), I see the cup of coffee in the background... steaming! Judging from the revolver lying on the desk, I would presume the background picture is not the actual working desk of a Hinterland employee, but a scene from the game. Hot coffee cups steaming would be an awesome little detail. Let's see if that is coming... also the revolver muzzle fuming after a shot is fired is a nice detail. Go, Hinterland!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BareSkin said:

Wonder if the Revolver appears on Interloper loot table

Since there are two locations for the flare gun maybe one of them will be altered to a pistol.  For example the TWM flare pistol could be altered to the revolver.

I hope to finish my newspaper 🗞️ route before the update drops today. 

9 minutes ago, bighara said:

Is it out? I opened steam TLD a few minutes ago but no update appeared. 

I know. It's not like I couldn't sleep last night, waiting for the update. It's fine, I can wait, I am perfectly fine...

No, really. It's fine, I can wait...

728395687_weirdcat.gif.c3ab35e0cca31e3d2e158338232788d9.gif

Edited by ThePancakeLady
  • Upvote 4

I'm just drinking hot chaga and watching music videos waiting for the update :) 
I have been on this crazy schedule where I go to bed at 8 AM. It happens to be great for waiting for the update. It's 6:40AM here now. I'll let you guys know if I get any update.

I am still skeptical on claims regarding new animations particularly the "coffee steaming" and wolf checking its sides.

1. The coffee already does steam if its hot and there is a fire underneath it, boiling it.

2. The wolf turning its heads to check its sides is already in-game. Unless if I am wrong? Pretty saw wolves do that time to time.

That's all. However, I do think the team might have changed the animations completely now that they got proper mocap technology unlike before.