wolves are ruining my clothes

furq

I don't mind the wolves, I wanted the fights to be more of a struggle and they are now. But a damage ranging from 29% to 40% on my clothes seems a little harsh, especially with the amount of wolves. It's going to turn into a sowing sim at this rate with all the repairs. Also for the small amount of meat you harvest, wolves are punching way above their weight. They should get blown away by the wind they are so light.

Loves the cars, fishing, new rifle looks cool, and the hunting is better now, following the blood trail to your kill was a nice touch.

Day 27 and still haven't fought a wolf. This being said, I like the idea of clothing degrade on clothes when attacked, I do think it makes sense that it does a lot of damage, however I'd say it should only be damaging few pieces like let's say, jacket, sweater, and perhaps gloves based on how tussles go down on here. Not sure if clothing is still in huge abundance on Coastal Highway, but when it comes to Mystery Lake, I feel the pain, destroyed my clothes quite a bit with fire, or just weather damage.

Edit: Seems clothing repair is the least of my concern, lol. Fluffy just sent me into The Long Dark... Did not expect the fight to be that hard.

Some of it may have been from the storm I got caught in on the way back from the wolf fight, I was harvesting a deer when the wolf jumped me, ok I don't mind that, but couple that with the hit from the storm and this is just crazy, Maybe 2 or 3 mins of being in the storm and my clothes are wrecked again. It is not encouraging me to go out, because when I do, I know if I get caught in bad weather my clothes are going to need a lot of repair.

I do agree the weather damage is a bit insane. Being outside a matter of an hour in a storm just degrade all me gear 20-30%, which ruined my jacket. I've been outdoors in some crazy storms in real life and never had my clothing get damaged like that, lol. It's understandable some features like this need to be in place to make survival harder, but the weather damage is a bit much imo. Perhaps a system where it degrades at a slow rate for first hour, and get progressively faster degrade the longer you're out would be a better system, but that's just my thought on it.

well just got tear up to pieces by wolves...wanted to switch from coastal highway to mystery lake and at the logging camp up on the mountain there were 2 wolves that just wouldnt leave me alone....

Dude , you start with a flare, that will scare the wolves off, try not to engage them bare handed. Get a knife, always carry a knife. if you don't have a knife, run like the wind !!. The wolves aren't the problem, it's the damage the clothes take, that's the problem.

well you know the road from coastal highway up to mystery lake right? right before that wooding area there were 2 wolves RIGHT on that small road up the mountain...i scared 1 off but the other one was hidden behind a corner...i fought him off i bandaged used antiseptic and then the first wolf came back:-(

Totally agree its not the wolves themselves, they're balanced very well right now, have a knife, injure them, follow the bloodtrail.

The real problem to face is the damage on the cloth. Not even day 10 now and barely able to keep my cloth together, they're pretty much rags now, not able to repair them.

Part of the problem surely is the different difficulty level of both maps.

Arrr. I've fought me a few of them dingo's, and I lived to tell the tail of how the fur flew. It was cold day .... arrr ... and the unruly mutt spotted me from behind. I started running, hoping I could make it to a door first. But I felt the heated steam of its breath on my neck and knew, KNEW mind you, I was in for a fight. So I twisted around and looked that animal in the eyes as it dared attack me. A struggle began, of life and death, of clothes and fur. And in the end, the beastie yelped away fleeing as far from me as it could, learning to respect the two leg that now ruled these lands.

And AS ALWAYS I bandaged myself and applied antiseptic. I swear i'm going to wrap some wood in cloth sowed up, then stitch that cloth to a leather backing and wrap that around my left arm and stitch it up. Next time Bad Wolf returns, I'll feed it leather and wood as I stab at its brain with my knife.

Archived