Bow & arrows in Wintermute

peteloud

4 hours ago, peteloud said:

I wish we could have bows and arrows in Wintermute.  The rifle is very heavy.  In Survival I try to get a bow & arrows as soon as possible, thereafter I would not dream of carrying around a rifle.

Astrid is shown with the bow and arrows in all of the trailers for Wintermute. I suspect we will learn to craft them when we are playing as Astrid, and they will be her main weapon for hunting.

Survival and Story Mode are similar, but 2 totally different games. Survival- we write our own stories, as we see fit. Wintermute aka/Story mode we are following a choreographed, scripted Story. We don't get to write it our own way very much, all roads will lead to the same place, all paths will have the same end. That is how an interactive Story works in most games.

We are lucky we have 3 ways to play, not just one. We have Wintermure, we have the Challenge Modes, we have freeform Survival Mode. Play the one, or ones, that move you most.  :)

17 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Astrid is shown with the bow and arrows in all of the trailers for Wintermute. I suspect we will learn to craft them when we are playing as Astrid, and they will be her main weapon for hunting.

Survival and Story Mode are similar, but 2 totally different games. Survival- we write our own stories, as we see fit. Wintermute aka/Story mode we are following a choreographed, scripted Story. We don't get to write it our own way very much, all roads will lead to the same place, all paths will have the same end. That is how an interactive Story works in most games.

We are lucky we have 3 ways to play, not just one. We have Wintermure, we have the Challenge Modes, we have freeform Survival Mode. Play the one, or ones, that move you most.  :)

Raph has said that the 2 modes have different purposes:  Survival = long-term "survival", Wintermute = getting through the story.

I also anticipate as future episodes are released, we will see more and more survival tools available to us.

• Upvote 1

Based on concept art and character descriptions I've read in the past, I'm reasonably confidant that we will get our story mode - bow & arrow needs met when we are playing as Astrid in the next episode.  I'm really looking forward to it.  :D 

• Upvote 1