Whats the worst you have been jumpacared in TLD?

Skelegutplays

Okay so I walked away for a second while I was in a car when I got back I got out I looked to my left behind the car there is a wolf right there. But my all time worst jump scare was the first I played and I walked into hydro without knowing anything and lets just say Fluffy layed out the welcome mat for me...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I didn't jump when these wolves started chasing me because I heard them and saw them, but when I was sprinting toward this car to take cover, out of the corner of my eye I spotted Mr. Bear standing quite close, which gave me even more of an "OH SH*T" moment. Definitely glad I made it to the car, because that would've been the end of my run. Other than that, I've been jumped multiple times in the dark by wolves and once by a bear, which startled the hell out of me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ahatch said:

I have been jump scared by my golden lab when playing the long dark . :) 

Once I was having a hard time dodging wolves, my cat walked into the room (she was like two pounds of cute purring fluffiness) and I almost fell of the chair.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I've been jumpacared so many times... 

Once I was trying to move from the church to the lighthouse in DP. Made it down the hill and jumped in the red car. Checked both ways, crossed the street, wolf walked over the hill near the rocks and I screamed and died.

Once in DP I wanted to move from Hibernia to the nearby Mine Entrance. Instead of sneaking through the  car and over the bridge (always terrifying), I walked down onto the ice and up a small roadside hill. Wouldn't yuh know, mr. bear was walking there also. He roared, I screamed, I died.

Once I exited one of the cars in front of the Gas Station in CH and was immediately jumped from behind by a wolf. I mean IMMEDIATELY. Less than half a second after the bark he was on top of me. Hinterland should allow the ability to look in all directions when in a car.

My saddest one was when I was jumped by a wolf RIGHT BEHIND Grey Mother's. I didn't even know would wander back there.

Out gathering twigs for quick and easy fire and reishi mushrooms for antibiotic treatment between the two trailers in front of Carter Dam. No howling to be heard anywhere, so I'm in the clear. Or, so I thought. Then I hear a twig snap in my left ear (playing with headphones on) six feet away.

Scariest surprise wolf I've ever encountered in my life. And he got me good!

Many times by animals, but Steadfast Ranger gave me the chance to jumpscare myself.

Going through Old Island Connector, with the revolver in hand, because the sight lines are so very short in that map, picking up sticks as I go, and I miss the stick when I clicked and ended up firing a round about 3 inches from where my toes would be.

• Upvote 6

I've never really been jump scared in TLD because during nights I like to cozy up next to a fire if I can. But sometimes I go out and travel but in the world of The Long Dark there is no ¨In the cover of night¨ so you have to travel by the ¨Cover of day¨. Men ambeince i spelet är spot on

On leaving the Hibernia Plant on Interloper difficulty, I walked right into a bear.  It scared me so bad, my movement on the stick caused Will to back right into a pile of debris in the yard such that he got stuck and couldn't move.  Fortunately, the bear couldn't path there and ran off whimpering.  I still had to reload the save and redo everything I had done since sleeping in the plant, but at least my save wasn't deleted due to death.

Early in my experience, I went out to Mystery Lake to explore the huts and far cabins. I was not paying attention and very quickly got caught by the sun going down.  I found my way to a fishing hut with a door, waiting out the wolf that was staking me out. The wolf seemed to get discouraged and wandered away, and I took that as a good cue to strike out for the Camp Office.  I popped a flare and ran for it, hearing the wolves howling, really getting my heart beating.  And then out of nowhere a deer comes into the light running right at me.  How I managed not to throw my mouse across the room with my hands going into the air I do not know. I immediately went to the menu and then just quit from there.

My worst scare was triggered by a deer. Go me.

• Like 4

My worst was during the last 4DON - I went out during the green fire night and I'm looking at the ground and I'm seeing foot prints just as I was about to turn around to go the other way (figuring it was a wolf going away from me) the flashlight suddenly showed the triggering keys, a pair of prints materialized right in front of me and I went into a struggle, I jumped so high I tossed the keyboard away. :) So alas I did not get the achievement.  Fortunately, in the new start the wolves glowed and were visible. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a big one.

I'm out in Pleasant Valley and I've got nothing to do. A bear kill a few days prior has given me a lot of meat to work off, so I'm hanging around the farmhouse most days. This one particular day, after a marathon cooking session, it was good weather but too late to go exploring. So I decided to go and stock up on firewood, just in case I ever get cabin fever and need to build a fire that will last the night in the firepit outside.

So there I am, gathering sticks and what-not by the road, when across the road I see some cedar limbs. I go over with my improvised hatchet in hand and I hack one to pieces. When it finishes, I look up AND THERE'S A VERY ANGRY BEAR REARING UP AT ME! Honest to God I yelled out "JESUS CHRIST" in my apartment at 1:45 am. I hope I didn't wake my neighbours. 😓

The bear got me. Destroyed my one and only ear wrap. Did a hell of a lot of damage to me too. This game mode I'm playing, it'll take me a few days to fully recover.

I'm nicknaming that bear Woody. He's Smoky's angrier brother. Where Smoky says "Only YOU can prevent forest fires," Woody instead is like "You DARE chop wood from MY forest to BURN?"

• Upvote 2

Speaking of jump scares... where indoor corpses removed from the game? I've started a couple new runs lately and so far after visiting about 50 or 60 indoor locations, I have yet to find a single corpse container indoors. Outdoors there are as common as they used to be.

If they have been removed - I'd be happy about that. I hated having a good base ruined by a rotting corpse sitting inside being unremoveable.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:23 AM, GothSkunk said:

So there I am, gathering sticks and what-not by the road, when across the road I see some cedar limbs. I go over with my improvised hatchet in hand and I hack one to pieces. When it finishes, I look up AND THERE'S A VERY ANGRY BEAR REARING UP AT ME! Honest to God I yelled out "JESUS CHRIST" in my apartment at 1:45 am. I hope I didn't wake my neighbours. 😓

Once when mapping I had a bear walk right THROUGH me at warp speed.  Ever since then, I crouch before doing any time-accelerated action, so that if something is nearby when time returns to normal, I won't immediately trigger aggro.  That practice has saved me on several occasions.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I was looking down and skinning a deer when I was done I looked up and there was a live deer in my face an I mean in my face it was inside me. But all time worst jump scare was me meeting Fluffy (RIP) lmao I just thought what if Hinterland adds Fluffy back for a few days as a April fools joke. 🤣

On 5/23/2019 at 2:23 AM, GothSkunk said:

So there I am, gathering sticks and what-not by the road, when across the road I see some cedar limbs. I go over with my improvised hatchet in hand and I hack one to pieces. When it finishes, I look up AND THERE'S A VERY ANGRY BEAR REARING UP AT ME! Honest to God I yelled out "JESUS CHRIST" in my apartment at 1:45 am. I hope I didn't wake my neighbours. 

I have a roommate and I stay up late playing how do you think I feel?😐