Snaring a rabbit.

peteloud

In Wintermute I felt certain that I had snared many rabbits, but when I looked at my Journal I saw the side mission "snare a rabbit" was still not ticked off.

Just to be certain I went and snared another rabbit and checked again.  It was still not ticked off.  Can anyone explain this?

screen_(-5, 6, 0)_10af7d03-382d-41e5-b0ed-96ce9279c553.png

screen_(766, 32, 741)_d41b72e0-e829-4acf-9fca-871b663c0f1c.png

Just now, Doc Feral said:

"Lakeregion"? So you're in Mystery Lake? Did you snarea rabbit in Milton? Wintermute survival school missions may be region-sensitive.

They are not. The book to get the rabbit side mission is found in the Episode 1, but if you dont complete it there, the side mission carries over to the Episode 2. I completed it at Episode 2, in the rabbit grove that is between Deadfall area and Trapper´s. I dont think the location matters.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, peteloud said:

I thought that the mission might be region-limited so I tried to return to Milton to snare a rabbit, but the rope to climb back up was missing, so could not return. Although I didn't try returning from FM via the Milton Basin.

Don't bother, in Wintermute you can't go back to Milton after you finish Ep1. The maps are the same as in Survival Mode, but it is Story Mode... you are limited by the actual Story, where you can go and what you can do, at times. You can try to reset and restart at a check point in Episode 1 (if you still have one saved), while still in Milton, and snare a rabbit to see if it ticks off. But you will have to likely replay from that point forward to keep the quest progression, if it does complete.