Bow hunting bears - redux update - randomly stops bleeding?

Mroz4k

Hi. 
So since Redux, I have hunted at least 3 separate bears with a bow, and in each of these instances, one feature seems to prevail... when I land a hit with a bow on a bear (and I am certain the hit was legitimate, as the bear now has a new arrow sticking out of them) - the bear runs off, presumably bleeding, even has the blood trail behind them...

Time passes (I know of the bug with the loading screen resetting the bleeding, so I pass time outside) - the bear runs around, and runs off into the distance.

Yet a bit later, he is walking down again in my area, arrow still sticking out of its back, strolling like nothing even happened... the bleeding fear is gone, and the bear is once again interested in taking a bite out of me.

I cant seem to figure out if this is by design, or if its a bug. I wonder if bears now "stop" bleeding after a little while... which would kinda make sense, so a single arrow doesnt generally kill a bear, that "each hit" is not a quaranteed kill eventually. 

I wonder if there are others out there who noticed this as well, or if all is working the same way it always did. 

Bleeding definitely still works, but only in some instances. I wonder if maybe this is because the bear runs of from my rendering distance, and re-enters it with a reseted bleeding.

I've killed plenty of bears after Redux and I didn't notice enhanced toughness. They do calm down after a while and go back to their threatening ways,  but keep bleeding (last week one just slumped to the ground while grumbling and stalking me). Now that you pointed that out, I don't remember if they did it before, but it adds challenge. If they truly did stop bleeding after a while the challenge would rise to a totally different level.

Edited by Doc Feral
  • Upvote 1

Guest kristaok

I have noticed that some Bears are unfortunately die hards... but anyways... I wish the blood trails lasted longer.

18 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

I've killed plenty of bears after Redux and I didn't notice enhanced toughness. They do calm down after a while and go back to their threatening ways,  but keep bleeding (last week one just slumped to the ground while grumbling and stalking me). Now that you pointed that out, I don't remember if they did it before, but it adds challenge. If they truly did stop bleeding after a while the challenge would rise to a totally different level.

I have notice the same thing Doc Feral had said. They do calm down after awhile. I use to waste more arrows into them but now I just give it the time it needs. One good shot that lands and just wait awhile and the bear will die. I do recall that they did flee more before the redux but I also only killed a handful of bears before the redux so I don't have a large sample of kill to really go by. 

20 hours ago, peteloud said:

It would be interesting know whether the bear was bleeding out while acting normally and would soon die.

That would be my assumption.  The initial shock of being shot (and starts flee pattern) wears off but continues to bleed.

• Upvote 1