So what is your biggest fear in TLD? And I don't mean dying and losing your 400+ Days run on interloper. I mean stuff that happens during your run that isn't just dying.

I think mine would be frostbite, mainly because of the permanent affliction.  

• Upvote 1

Hearing a Wolf growl... next to that is coming upon a Bear and it giving chase while growling... *shivers*. 

• Upvote 2

Um how does one escape a pack of wolves while being locked in a car... Not like its happening to me in game right now or anything...

• Upvote 1

See a bear... it's amazing how they can run so fast...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ghosty 1944 said:

Um how does one escape a pack of wolves while being locked in a car... Not like its happening to me in game right now or anything...

Pop a flare inside of the car, jump out, hit number 4 to quickstart a fire, start a fire :) Send the woofers running. Next step, pull the weapon of your choosing and go on a retribution :D 

2 hours ago, LilWolf said:

See a bear... it's amazing how they can run so fast...

For me, its actually hearing them. Especially hearing them roar up without even noticing them first. When you see em, you can take steps to avoid em or prepare for the confrontation. But if they show up out of nowhere... that is what freezes my bones. Not usually for my condition, I fear for the condition of my poor clothes, mostly :D 

Edited by Mroz4k

Having the game crash after a long excursion with no saves.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Having the game crash after a long excursion with no saves.

Ouch... this is why I am in favor of Saving anywhere like in the Story Mode.

Falling through the ice, without a doubt.  The sharpening stone is just another 15 feet (4.6m) out.  I must have it!

-G

Silent bear by night and stormy weather just over the next side of that hill.

Gave me heart attack few times already

On 4/24/2019 at 10:12 PM, XaldinVii said:

Silent wolfs just over the next side of that hill.

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:15 AM, galadhlinn said:

Falling through the ice, without a doubt.  The sharpening stone is just another 15 feet (4.6m) out.  I must have it!

-G

Do you know how much time I've spent trying to reach a dead bear out on thin ice?!  Never did get it...

Kind of a silly thing I hope HL would fix some time....a 600lb bear doesn't break through, but a @ 250lb man does!

• Upvote 4

I always stop and look in terror at this.screen_b5e00eb2-9ca6-4ad5-9cf4-fed612d876f9_hi.thumb.png.a4059611685f1c57af39eb01ff786400.png

I'm absolutely sure that it will happen: one day I'll trip on the rope and fall head first down a cliff.

Sparking wires on the ground.  I give them a wide berth, but I'm always worried that I will have missed one, or that in spite of my best efforts I'll walk right over one.

Getting stomped by a Moose,  having the Moose leave, and having Old Grumpy come along to find me crawling my way home, dropping gear as I go. 

Either thing alone is bad enough, but both, back to back? Has not happened yet. But I just started a new Stalker run... and may have just cursed myself.  

Did I mention I have really crappy gear, loot has been shockingly scarce, even in Stalker, and I have no weapon yet? Just a hacksaw and a hunting knife.

Wish me luck, lol. :)

1 minute ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Getting stomped by a Moose,  having the Moose leave, and having Old Grumpy come along to find me crawling my way home, dropping gear as I go. 

Either thing alone is bad enough, but both, back to back? Has not happened yet. But I just started a new Stalker run... and may have just cursed myself.  

Did I mention I have really crappy gear, loot has been shockingly scarce, even in Stalker, and I have no weapon yet? Just a hacksaw and a hunting knife.

Wish me luck, lol. :)

Sorry but I think heading to ML and not BR may have nerfed your chances.  BR has that little ravine which more often than not spawns some great loot...

6 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Sorry but I think heading to ML and not BR may have nerfed your chances.  BR has that little ravine which more often than not spawns some great loot...

Heading there, once I can get my ragged toque I spawned in with repaired. Lol! I spawned in with all gear worn, or lesser condition.  Getting out of FM without freezing was a challenge enough... I did not find combat pants yet, so I should still be okay to go. ;)

On 5/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, ajb1978 said:

Sparking wires on the ground.  I give them a wide berth, but I'm always worried that I will have missed one, or that in spite of my best efforts I'll walk right over one.

Encountered that for the first time just the other day, on the first night of the new playthrough!  Was in the Maintenance Yard in Broken Railroad.  Was warming myself at the fire barrel when the wires started lighting up, one of them only about two feet away!

I think my biggest fear is getting lost in a mine.  A couple of them at the least are rather convoluted, and the wrong turn can cost a lot of time.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, hozz1235 said:

Do you know how much time I've spent trying to reach a dead bear out on thin ice?!  Never did get it...

Kind of a silly thing I hope HL would fix some time....a 600lb bear doesn't break through, but a @ 250lb man does!

That's my greatest fear.... shooting a bear and having it die on thin ice.  I nearly had it happen in Desolation Point, but he died just shy of the thin ice so I could still harvest him.

The power at my house blinking just as I approach Trappers cabin, after a death defying March from broken railroad through a blizzard and an aurora...