Custom settings for survival - Realism

HellFire90

Hi everybody!

I've been playing TLD for a few months, mostly  wintermute mode. I'd like to try a survival experience with the most realistic custom setting. I've found some on the net, but I discovered only later that the predators behaviour was waaay to "easy", with wolves (even packs), bears and mooses ALWAYS running away, even during aurora! That is making the game way too easy. Unfortunately I can't find again that code to use it as base and tweak it. I'd like to hear from you guys, if you have any custom settings to share I'd be grateful.

Cheers and stay safe out there in the cold!

Guest kristaok

Glad you are enjoying the game so far! Yes Pilgrim is considered Easy, it's mostly for Exploration that's why. But it may be closer to the most realistic experience aside from a Custom Mode, because Wild Life rarely do attack unless they feel threatened and or have youngins. But if you are looking for a challenge where the wildlife do attack, then I would recommend a Custom Interloper. I wouldn't recommend going full Loper yet though... 

19 hours ago, kristaok said:

Glad you are enjoying the game so far! Yes Pilgrim is considered Easy, it's mostly for Exploration that's why. But it may be closer to the most realistic experience aside from a Custom Mode, because Wild Life rarely do attack unless they feel threatened and or have youngins. But if you are looking for a challenge where the wildlife do attack, then I would recommend a Custom Interloper. I wouldn't recommend going full Loper yet though... 

Thanks very much for your reply! Do you have a code for custom settings to share by any chance?

Guest kristaok

@HellFire90 Yes I can share a code; this is the Custom Game I tweaked a tad, I used Loper to wiggle it some.

The main things I changed was;

I turned Off Cabin Fever because that illness is SILLY it reminds me too much of the Movie with the same name lol,

I allowed Knives, Hatchets, & Rifles to Spawn since it wouldn't make sense to have to make all of your own Tools, 

I turned Item Decay to Low because IRL things don't decay that fast in the snow,

I turned Hunger to Low from Medium since humans can go a good while without Food,

I turned Thirst to Medium from High since humans cannot go quite as long without Water as they can Food,

I kept Fatigue the same... 

I kept the Weather pretty much the way it was so it will get colder over time, the only things I changed with that is I went from Very High to just High. Also I went down from Very High to High with the Afflictions.

I turned the Wood drops to spawn from Low to Medium since in the Woods you're going to naturally not have much trouble finding Wood to burn,

I kept the Wolf, Bear, & Moose at High Spawn, but I upped the Deer & Rabbit from Low to Medium because that would make since because how else would the other Animals be higher without as much Animals to feast on? But the Wildlife will still decrease over time - that was kept the same. 

Those are just some of the tad changes I made, I tried to stay pretty close to the Loper experience as I could while still having a run that isn't quite as tough as Loper and a tad more realistic perhaps? even though I am sure I didn't go full realistic with it considering most Wildlife do not attack unless provoked etc. :P 

So yea even with these changes trust me you should still be challenged, but also be strengthened for the REAL Loper experience. :) 

If you have any questions just ask... 

491846659_screen_(13921)_25c9ca56-da05-4150-8de9-17ead4d7278e.png.912fbc17e01a55501377a6b2c8e0606b.png

@Hawk I mainly do Custom Games for fun, and a tad more realism, etc. I also do Custom Lopers so I can tap into the experience in my own way. :) But I agree it's good to get those Feats and stuff first, then look into running some Custom Games. 

Edited by kristaok

A survivor gets feat XP playing pilgrim Difficulty. I would ask that  some one explain to me how custom mode(whatever change) is easier than pilgrim? Yet no feats progression. i digress, apologies.

the realism is your imagination. Do not let the game decide what you think is real.  This game (thankfully) is not designed for someone to become an indestructible force against mother nature, it is, imo designed to see how long a person can make choices to stay alive before mother nature chooses said person for nap time. play interloper straight up and imo you will quickly see how choices will determine life or death..It is your sandbox. you are the train man. Choose a custom setting that you think will challenge you, i have been playing for some time and at no time have i said this game way too easy..Mix it up, die a few times and have that moment of HOly crap i should NOT have done that! ☺️

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ogreranger said:

I would ask that  some one explain to me how custom mode(whatever change) is easier than pilgrim? Yet no feats progression

It can be, but not much.  If your goal is feat progression, don't do Custom.  Play a canned difficulty until you've got your feats.

I would love a realism setting where the threats are starvation and cold primarily. Cabbins need to be kept warm, animals are scarce, and getting into a fight with a wolf is way more serious than it currently is. Cold could increase calorie burn too. This is way too much work for the devs though, so my real hope is that they open the game up well to modding so people can make a realism setting.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:59 PM, odizzido said:

I would love a realism setting where the threats are starvation and cold primarily. Cabbins need to be kept warm, animals are scarce, and getting into a fight with a wolf is way more serious than it currently is. Cold could increase calorie burn too. This is way too much work for the devs though, so my real hope is that they open the game up well to modding so people can make a realism setting.

Most of the settings you mentioned are available now in Custom mode.

• Upvote 1