some questions

svisketyggeren

Hi there...enjoying The Long Dark atm, so much that I wanted to get involved on the forum.

Hard to find information about a future road map for the game. So this might be questions as much as suggestions.

I have survived for 10 days now, pretty much seen most of the entire map. I wondering if some kind of basebuilding will be implemented further down the line. It would just be perfet for the game...gather resources in the world and build ur own little cabin. Couple that with a bigger world...much bigger world, and I think I could spend quite a substancial amount of time in this game :)

Right now im slowliy feeling the repetetive nature of the game...some other major goals to work towards would be awsome for the future.

Don't forget, the current sandboxes aren't the whole game -- the main game will be the full story mode [which is where most of the map testing and major game mechanics will become the main game foundation. Afterwards (time allowing) the devs may tweak of change individual sandbox surprises once everything else is working as expected.

Yes looking forward to the storymode...but remember that this game will attract a fair amount of sandbox purists, its just the nature of open world indie games. If u ask me, the sandbox mode u have is just as important..if even more important than the story mode.

Add multiplayer and a bigger world and u open up for social/metagaming....ppl will stick around for a long time.

Archived