Hey does anyone have hunting tips? It would be helpful, I just started where animals could hunt me. So, I need to learn how to be careful and hunt well. I already got a rifle one the first day, any tips?

Depends on what animals you plan on hunting.

For rabbits I would recommend not using a rifle since ammo is somewhat rare and the meat on a rabbit is not really worth the bullet used, especially since they're such small targets and you will likely miss. Instead just use rocks or snares.

For deer a good way to hunt them is to make sure you approach them crouched and make sure they're facing sideways from you so they are a bigger target. Another thing that will make them easier to hit is to wait until they do an animation where they are standing still. Also try your best to aim for the neck or the head since hitting that will kill it instantly so you don't have to worry about tracking it down.

For wolves I wouldn't really bother actively hunting them since they don't provide as much meat as deer, and on harder difficulties eating wolf meat runs the risk of intestinal parasites witch is a very difficult affliction to deal with. Only good times to "hunt" a wolf in self defense. When one sees you it will start barking and snarling and begin to stalk you, when this happens lead the wolf to a nice flat surface take aim then try your best to hit him. Word of warning is that the wolf will charge at you when decide to aim.

Anyways that's all, just remember that no amount of tips will fully teach you. You will learn and get better by actually preforming and practicing in-game.   

I find, with a bow, if you release the arrow as soon as you finish drawing, it flies straight. Learn the arrow drop. When your about as close to a deer as you can get without spooking it, you only need aim a head higher than the deer's head. Lastly, as your hoping to insta-kill a deer, try and put

it somewhere you want to harvest it. Spooked deer flee then turn to face you and slowly walk back towards you. You can use that to out them somewhere sheltered or convienent for harvesting with a fire.

Edited by Stone