Fishing, broken lines, and fatigue

Kilkegard

Quick question, are fishing lines more likely to break when you are tired?  I was traveling around Mystery Lake and stayed out a bit too late without my bed roll.  Ended up staying awake all night by a cozy fire.  Next morning after I hiked back to the lake office I decided to catch a few fish for breakfast before nap time.  I figured 2 hours ought to do it but it didn't go so well.  First two hour fishing attempt got cut in half with a broken line and no fish.  I manged two more broken lines and only two fish with a few more one hour fishing sessions.  And I am at level two fishing and this was my absolute worst outing at fishing.   Other than chance, I can only imagine that my fatigue level at the time (I was at less than twenty five percent) factored in.

Yikes, that is bad luck then.  IIRC, I'm suppose to have an 8% chance of a line break on a catch.  I had 3 breaks out of 5 then.  That's a 60% fail rate.  It reminds me, when early in the game, I have a 70% chance of building a fire and it still takes me 3 attempts to get it lit (always hate the waste of matches)  :-(    At least there isn't a way for me to mess up chopping up branches for firewood <cut scene to this evening where I get attacked by wolves when chopping wood>

I also roll poorly in D&D  ;-P

Archived