Revolver? Niiiice!

Guest kristaok

Guest kristaok

I'm so happy to see we are getting another gun! and it's going to be a revolver!!! AND I read we are getting a new food item, clothing item, etc! Hopefully we get more animals to hunt in the future as well. 

Ps. Hinterland... you're the BEST! Thank you!

Edited by kristaok

At first, I was thinking perhaps it would be a good form of defense against bears, but because the bear spear will eventually be integrated, they would neutralize each other for the most part. My guess is as good as yours for its function, though I see it as a viable way to pump lead into whatever is coming at you. Depending on its caliber, it could do some SERIOUS damage. Handguns are a force to be reckoned with, I assure you.

• Like 1

Guest kristaok
16 hours ago, reginaphalange said:

I bet the revolver can be used during intimate wolf interactions.....

pop.

otherwise, what's the point in having a revolver? rabbit hunting? .... taking the easy way out when you're too tired/injured to climb a rope and don't have a bedroll?....

You could Rabbit hunt with one irl most definitely, but I can see the revolver being very good for self defense. 

4 hours ago, XaldinVii said:

I am guessing it will be more useful for quick targets

Quick and agile targets is what I am considering. 

Could be crows; could be cougar.  The crows could come at us swooping so a real need for the ability to for multiple targeting.  With a cougar the cat is agile and missing does not cause them to run off.  So a hit is needed and the need to move aim fire will make life with cougars easier.  

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

ammo is limited.

revolver_side_final-steam.thumb.jpg.0e2544ea4f8710ac5c60d46426c2fb81.jpg

The .303 rifle munition is much different than what will be required for the pistol.

With a new firearm means different ammo type.  I am guessing the pistol caliber is a .357 magnum.  That caliber could take a bear down with a critical hit.  Might be a .22 caliber revolver and against a bear would be like using spitballs.  The lower caliber would mesh well if another small animal is introduced.  Then a large quantity of small caliber munition could be available.

Would be interesting to see munition creation added in the future too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 12:58 AM, Ice Hole said:

With a new firearm means different ammo type.  I am guessing the pistol caliber is a .357 magnum. 

That would be my guess too. Although, Id probably like to see .44 magnum, Im not a gun person per say but I think that type of ammo has a bit more stopping power. 

That said, I can see the benefit of a revolver being a sort-of defensive weapon, especially in situations in Stalker, when you have to deal with several wolves at the same time. Probably wont have much of power to it, moderate damage and semi-weak bleeding. 

Im wondering if the sound of it will also scare wolves. Naturaly except those that are already interested in the survivor.

Guest kristaok
14 hours ago, Carbon said:

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, bear?

Nice quote!  

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:48 PM, reginaphalange said:

I bet the revolver can be used during intimate wolf interactions.....

pop.

I really like this idea, though I wonder how they would implement it without changing the game's rating. It would be really cool though if you could finish off a wolf right then and there at the price of perhaps fairly rare ammo, similar to the flare gun. I would love this so much, as it could save your skin from a particularly brutal beating. Especially if you get jumped by a couple of them at the same time.

• Like 1

Revolver in .357/ .44 Magnum is reliable weapon to kill medium size bear.

But version in .38 would be suitable for smaller games, like wolves and rabbits.

Have you noticed Hinterland's logo on pistol grip? Nice detail.

Edited by Moll

I'd say .357 Mag. Would be a very nice caliber for all around usefulness without over powering it... A skilled person can rapid fire a .357 fairly easy with 2 hands as the recoil is not so great that it cant be controlled...

A .44 Mag. On the other hand takes a very strong, and very skilled person to rapid fire it, even using 2 hands. Its recoil is wicked and is actually capable of breaking a wrist in the right situation. Such a caliber also required a much heavier weapon.

All in all I'd like to see A .357 Mag... Would be nice if we could also find .38 Special ammo in addition to the .357 Mag. ammo. Both rounds can be fired in a .357 Mag. Revolver... .357 has more power, but .38 would easily handle wolfs and deer at close range... And of course rabbit at any range that you can manage to hit one.

Guest kristaok
On 3/31/2019 at 4:29 PM, Moll said:

Revolver in .357/ .44 Magnum is reliable weapon to kill medium size bear.

But version in .38 would be suitable for smaller games, like wolves and rabbits.

Have you noticed Hinterland's logo on pistol grip? Nice detail.

I didn't even notice that! nice eyes!

11 hours ago, Cattleman said:

I'd say .357 Mag. Would be a very nice caliber for all around usefulness without over powering it... A skilled person can rapid fire a .357 fairly easy with 2 hands as the recoil is not so great that it cant be controlled...

A .44 Mag. On the other hand takes a very strong, and very skilled person to rapid fire it, even using 2 hands. Its recoil is wicked and is actually capable of breaking a wrist in the right situation. Such a caliber also required a much heavier weapon.

All in all I'd like to see A .357 Mag... Would be nice if we could also find .38 Special ammo in addition to the .357 Mag. ammo. Both rounds can be fired in a .357 Mag. Revolver... .357 has more power, but .38 would easily handle wolfs and deer at close range... And of course rabbit at any range that you can manage to hit one.

True that. However two types of ammo probably wont be included,  because its too difficult to balance ammo count ingame. How many rounds or if any in Interloper? What ratio for .38 vs .357 to be find?

I think they will stick with single type od revovler ammo, i think they used .38 Special, based on textures and texts ingame. Maybe they wont specify caliber at all. You got a "revolver cartridge" and thats it.

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok

I'm just glad we are getting a new gun, and it's a Revolver and not a Pistol. I don't know what it is, but I just love Revolvers more. 

Now if only we could get that Bear Spear in Survival Mode! 

I saw someone else mention they'd like to see Slingshots, I would too. 

Oh and a nice Machete for cutting up branches etc. 

and a Crossbow! Okay I'll go add these up to the Wishlist section before I get carried away!

Edited by kristaok

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, I hope the pistol will be an option for struggle mechanics... I can just imagine getting jumped by a wolf and being able to either strike it with the butt of the grip or to just point blank that sucker right then and there.  :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1