Dev Diary - March 2019

Admin

On 3/10/2019 at 11:28 AM, Ice Hole said:

When life gives you bear hocks you make ...

screen_2bc0ccf0-1b6c-4e69-bdcf-43309e06d9b7_hi.thumb.png.e09aac0ceef9df279b26a4b20c5b8dfe.png

image from Bareskin's diary

Astrid's Amazing Aspic

vegetable-beef-aspic-547632.jpg

Boil down the hocks strain and the results is a gelatin liquid that congeals when cooled.

I have no words.

• Upvote 1

I’ve just finished playing the story mode and have started on survival and have noticed that a lot of the elements of survival are missing from the story mode, such as opening a can without an opener and losing a percentage of the food, not being able to sleep when you are fully rested etc. It would be great if those were implemented into the story mode but that probably would be a sizeable overhaul of story mode.

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, Sundance said:

I’ve just finished playing the story mode and have started on survival and have noticed that a lot of the elements of survival are missing from the story mode, such as opening a can without an opener and losing a percentage of the food, not being able to sleep when you are fully rested etc. It would be great if those were implemented into the story mode but that probably would be a sizeable overhaul of story mode.

I anticipate once episode 5 is done, most (if not all) survival elements will be in story mode.

• Hinterland
On 4/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, Sundance said:

We tweak the mechanics and tuning between Story and Survival, focusing on what makes each experience "tick". Players are motivated by different things in Story than they are in Survival. For example, the focus in Survival is on long-term survival, so Skill progression makes sense there. In WINTERMUTE (Story Mode), long-term survival is not the focus, therefore we removed the Skills system from it. Rest works differently in Story because there's no benefit to limiting the player's access to Rest there, whereas in Survival, managing Rest is a big part of how you maintain Condition. Etc. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, Mroz4k said:

It is unfair to say that this game is mismanaged or poorly communicated. In fact, the opposite is true - the game has been well managed and planned so far, all things considering.

All things considered? Like I paid for a game years ago I still don't have? Absolutely not. This game is quite possibly a scam and is at best, horridly mismanaged.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:05 PM, peteloud said:

I I am an old IT guy and I have played a great many games over decades.  I am retired so have lots of time to spend trying and playing games.  I regard TLD as the best game I have encountered.  It has many minor bugs and it doesn't have state-of-the-art graphics. 

Good thing I've yet to complain about minor bugs or graphics. I'm fine with both. I'm not fine with being told that I would have a game 3 years ago that I still don't have.

Edited by MrJade

MrJade,

You have a game, such games are endless.   It will never be finished.  Even when Hinterland has finished, others will be creating mods.  That is a great thing about games like this.

I suspect that if I worked out what I paid for the game and the hours I have enjoyed playing it it is probably the best value entertainment that I have had in my long life.

I have greatly enjoyed the past 36 hours playing the game and looking for changes, and bugs. The crashes were a nuisance, but I don't get upset about it.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:36 PM, romerabr said:

Monday, in 5 days, we got the update!!!

I played like an hour after the kids were asleep and the wife was chill with me having some game time. The update is AWESOME!!!!! I love it! I barely got a chance to see the fixes and improvements but it definitely runs more smoothly and is generally just AWESOME!

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic