Wearing vests reduces wind protection. Is this a bug?

epower

Without vest, wind protection is +1 C.  Wearing vest, wind protection drops to 0 C.  Both sport and down vests.

Filed a bug report but thought I'd see if anybody else is seeing this.  Now I'm wondering if it's a function of the vests lower wind rating.

screen_(-2, 2, 8)_260f5890-a10f-42b7-b433-99efd57adfdf.png

screen_(-2, 2, 8)_2245ed2a-be20-4735-bb4b-5c56e1a801a4.png

I would still call this a bug.  Perhaps the wind protection value of the vest should be higher than +0.5?  Although, by itself, it doesn't protect the arms at all, it certainly protects the torso better than a cotton sweatshirt... and the core body temperature is what's most important when it comes to hypothermia.

4 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

the core body temperature is what's most important when it comes to hypothermia.

Both the vest and the long-sleeve shirt would need to be moved into an outer torso layer slot in order for wind-chill protection to register.

We might add much more value to the T-Shirts in the game and at the same time fix the missing wind protection from the long-sleeve T-Shirt by adding a new clothes menu slot for a third torso layer...there is plenty of room on the left side of the menu for a third layer. :coffee: 

Archived