The addition of just one or two of these would make this game......

FeLLoN

..,epic. Well this game is already epic, so what's a word for making epic better???? IDK I don't care lol. Here are a couple of things I wish Hinderland would add to The Long Dark.

1. Co Op. OMG if we could play survival mode with a friend on Xbox live(the system I use to play) I know of about 3 or 4 more people that would buy this game. I know 3 or 4 more people doesn't sound like a lot but that's just WHO I KNOW. WHO WOUKD BUY IT IF IT HAD CO OP THAT YOU KNOW? my best friend for example say me playing this game and asked about it. I got so carried away explaining the game with such passion he says to me "damn sounds like a sick game it's 2 players right?" ? No it's not I told him and he basically told me he is not getting it now cause we couldn't play together lol. Ya it sounds stupid but we do play almost every game we buy together and if it's not co op we don't bother buying it. The only games I've really bought lately that aren't are of course The Long Dark, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Come Deliverance, and all of the Dragon Age Games. I have to same The Long Dark is in some pretty good company when I think about it from my personal opinion though. But he doesn't bother playing any of these game except The Witcher 3 which took me forever to convince him to play but he doesn't seem to give in on TLD though sadly. I personally would have loved for this game to have been 2 players from the get go not just to play with him but other random people around the world it would have been interesting to see how they would have picked to survive and I'm 100% sure it would be fun.

2. Items   

1. SPEAR (in survival mode and more uses like throwing at rabbits lol) 2. Water proof matches (rare) but have the ability to light fire 100% and fast when ur really in a bind. 3. Ear muffs (just cause) 4. Fishing rod (hand made or found and it would help by giving a higher percentage chance to catch fish) 5. Special arrows  6. Maybe one more type of gun Shotgun? Or a scoped rifle? Maybe even a handgun for close encounters or when a wolf is on top of you inst kill? 7. Flint (I think that's the name for it. It's the thing you use to make Sparks to start a fire) 8. More clothes like sweats and thermals 

3. More/Custom Characters   only for survival mode of course

4. Snowmobile. Hear me out when you find it you couldn't drive it and it would be used to fast travel between areas that's it and runs off gas which you have to find to be able to use. 

5. 1 or 2 more animals something small in the trees like a squirrel or chipmunk and maybe 1 big animal similar to the wolf like a fox but it's fur would have different clothing options with different stats 

1)  I think co-op would take a lot of the "survival by self-reliance" aspect out of the game.  Part of what makes a wolf scary is that you are totally on your own to a) detect it and b) defend yourself against it... one on one.

2) (1) I think a spear would be a nice addition to survival mode. (2) Waterproof matches - Wouldn't serve any purpose that a firestriker doesn't currently do. (3) Ear Muffs - Meh, we already have the wool ear wrap that serves this purpose, so it would just be a fashion statement. (4) Fishing Rod - I don't really see the point.  The chance of catching a fish goes up as you fish.  Fishing line is convenient because it is so light and it can also be used for mending.  I'd see a rod basically as an unnecessary weight and most likely would never use it. (5) Special Arrows - To what purpose?  It's not like you're taking on an army and want to burn down their fort.  Anything else would start to turn TLD into too much like a fantasy game, which I don't think it should ever strive to be. (6) Different types of guns - The current .303 gets the job done.  Having only one type of gun means that I don't have to mess around scrounging for different gauges of ammo to match whatever gun I want to use nor do I have ammo that I can't currently use because I don't have that sort of gun taking up weight in my inventory.  A scoped .303 as an extremely rare find would be a nice addition. (7) Flint - Again, that's what a firestriker does. (9) More Clothes - I find the variety adequate, so meh.

3) Snowmobiles - As was mentioned above, the cars don't work because the aurora fried them, so the same should apply to any motorized vehicle.  Part of the survival aspect is feeling vulnerable having to repeatedly walk through "wolf corridors" to get from one map through another.  Any fast mode of transportation would eliminate this aspect.

4) Small animals - More variety would be nice, but it would take up additional processing power.  Since they would be likely too small to consider eating, they would only serve as ambience.  I'd like to see marmots and beaver (something somewhat unique to Western Canada).  Actual loons (rather than just the sound) would be great as well, but they would required open water.   As for predators, I'd like to see the cougar added and then perhaps coyotes.  Cariboo and elk could add some variety to the deer population.  Coyotes could be added to provide something similar, yet different to the wolves or perhaps add the Arctic White Wolf to the mix.  The grizzly and polar bear could be added for variety there.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:25 AM, FeLLoN said:

4. Snowmobile. Hear me out when you find it you couldn't drive it and it would be used to fast travel between areas that's it and runs off gas which you have to find to be able to use. 

No. For what is probably not going to be the last time, the Aurora isn't some magical thing that makes any electronic device work. One of the very last things that would ever work is any form of engine be it combustion or electric. You need complete control of the electrical charges you send to something like a spark plug that ignites the gas, drives a piston, and turns the engine. If nothing else the Aurora would fire all the spark plugs at once (while also probably blowing all the fuses and frying the alternator) and result in nothing happening. If a flashlight barely works, you can bet your butt an engine won't at all.

Guest kristaok

1. Co - Op will never happen, that was done addressed by the team.

2. Yea I would love to see the Spear in Survival Mode. I would also like to have a little bit more variety in the weapon department. Oh and a Fishing Rod craftable would be nice. The rest meh...

3. I am fine with just Astrid and Will personally...

4. Hmm I don't know if that would work considering due to the Aurora the Cars don't work... so instead I would love the ability to craft a sled even if it could only be pulled since we lack dogs or tamed wolves.

5. I would absolutely love to see more huntable critters! I actually made a wishlist about this not too long ago... I mentioned I'd love to see; Mountain Lions, Coyotes, Foxes, Wild Geese / Ducks, Mountain Goats, and Bison. I also mentioned I'd like to see some sort of birds like Owls, etc. 

Personally, I would love to see a higher variety of animals and some additional crafting recipes like the spear you mentioned (which actually is work in progress YAY!). What would be most intriguing to me however would be improved wildlife behavior! That would include more sophisticated interaction between predators and their prey. That for example would mean that deer or prey animals in general should appear very frequently in some regions and less frequently in other ones (Those high population regions should be dynamic). Naturally, wolves would follow their prey to those regions appearing very frequently there too. Hence, the chances of successfully finding deer in such highly populated areas would be high just like the stakes when going there because of the wolves that are around! Another feature i would like to see are predators (bears especially) being less bound to their territory sometimes strolling around very far away from it (maybe getting attracted by meat or carcasses lying around outside of your base for example). Last but not least a huge improvement in my eyes would be an overhauled wolf behaviour. I mean, they are pretty much an annoyance only once you learn how to deal with them. They always appear and stick in certain locations making them very predictable. They should really become a very deadly but also rather rare occurence in the game. I am talking about wolf packs. There could be maybe 2 or 3 wolfpacks in the whole world dynamically appearing in different regions posing the most deadly threat the player can encounter making wolf encounters a very frightening thing eventually. Some loners should be around too behaving like our current wolves but those should be rare too. That would be the most positive change making wolves a more exciting game element and their hide much more valuable!

Well, it seems like i had a good go here. Enjoy your day!

Archived