My return to Timberwolf Mountain

reginaphalange

Doing a Pilgrim run because wolves give me anxiety lol...

Still, it took me ages to find/craft a weapon, and I nearly died of exposure AND starvation in TWM so I had to skidaddle off to PV without raiding the cargo boxes because I didn't have a hacksaw anyway.

But now I've got my bearskin coat (thanks to Pilgrim's fast respawn rate, there is now a THIRD bear in like, way too brief a time!) and deerhide pants, rabbit boots/hat/gloves, and found a fisherman's sweater in a hatch in PV, so with my bear meat and prybar and fishhooks I went back to the lake cabin in PV to 

BAG ME A MOOSE

then raid all the cargo boxes.

I'd seen the moose there at the fishing cabin, when I started (TWM start) but had no weapon, so...

Sure enough, after a couple days waiting, there she was, mooing away. It was terribly windy but I lined up my shot... got her in the neck, which just pissed her off. She saw me and ran right for me, I reloaded, then shot her in the face.

I don't think I've ever experienced a moose attack in the game before. And I still haven't. She went down second shot, and I think I have to give thanks to the 25-hour research book of Guns Guns Guns that I found in a PV cave.

Huzzah. Now I just need to eat moose meat while her hide cures, travel around a bit when the weather is clear, and then I can make my way to the summit when the pack is ready.

I'm worried about my weight still though. That bearskin coat... I'll probably end up leaving it in the cabin storage as it is desperately needed there for the shitty shelter. But the question remains if I can return there from the summit without dropping stuff. I figure, at the very least, I can leave my prybar behind once I've got to all the cargo boxes. I've got 6 more waiting for me in PV :D

On 2/6/2019 at 2:32 AM, reginaphalange said:

I figure, at the very least, I can leave my prybar behind once I've got to all the cargo boxes. I've got 6 more waiting for me in PV 

@reginaphalange I would hate for you to scale the mountain with just the Prybar... You need a hacksaw to open the containers altho all three times I have scaled the mountain there was one in the wreckage of the plane.

But besides that nice story. I bagged my first moose at TWM, :) so it brings back memories. Altho I had broken my ribs in the encounter and had to wait it out on the mountain, that is how i fell in love with the area. 

18 hours ago, XaldinVii said:

@reginaphalange I would hate for you to scale the mountain with just the Prybar... You need a hacksaw to open the containers

Typo that for whatever reason I wasn't able to edit once I already edited the post... *shrug*

I'm playing "fresh" (no guides) so I'd forgotten if there is anything to pry open in TWM (I haven't found any and did indeed leave it behind).

Archived