Question About Lost Arrows

UpUpAway95

I've just scored a critical hit on a deer with a bow and arrow (my first), dropping him right where he stood.  However, he must have fell on top of my arrow since it's nowhere to be seen.  I've harvested everything, so the carcass should despawn but it hasn't yet.  It's a fair distance to my base in this zone, so my question is whether or not, if I make the trek back to this spot tomorrow, will my arrow be lying there by itself after the carcass despawns or will it despawn as well.

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

since it's nowhere to be seen

Congratulations @upupandaway.
By going into a shelter and then going back outdoors sometimes the game will make an "invisible" arrow reappear.
If you decide to go back for the arrow, it is best to look downhill and/or downwind from the drop spot.
Often it is possible to scan the carcass and the snow with the white-dot and often you may find the SIMPLE ARROW tag even when the arrow shaft and feathers are below the deer-hide or the snow.
Best of luck my friend. :coffee: 
20190106111502_1.thumb.jpg.594987c8c9e5aeeaed8a12012abcc12c.jpg

12 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

Congratulations @upupandaway.
By going into a shelter and then going back outdoors sometimes the game will make an "invisible" arrow reappear.
If you decide to go back for the arrow, it is best to look downhill and/or downwind from the drop spot.
Often it is possible to scan the carcass and the snow with the white-dot and often you may find the SIMPLE ARROW tag even when the arrow shaft and feathers are below the deer-hide or the snow.
Best of luck my friend. :coffee: 
20190106111502_1.thumb.jpg.594987c8c9e5aeeaed8a12012abcc12c.jpg

I've made a note of the spot and will go back to look for my arrow whenever next I'm near that area.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

look for my arrow whenever next I'm near that area

Good morning @upupandaway.
This wolf dropped in her tracks when bow-shot under the tip of her nose.

Scanning the wolf's fur with the White-Dot, I found nothing but the tag for [1% Frozen].
My survivor was not near any shelter, so scanning through the snow near the carcass, it was nice to discover the tag for [SIMPLE ARROW].

At this point, digging in the snow for "invisible arrows" feels more like a game update and less like a bug.

Hope this screenshot is helpful my friend. :coffee:

Scanning with the White-Dot until the tag for [SIMPLE ARROW] is located under the snow:
20190206100148_1.thumb.jpg.2feb92af74bae9fa9930c1495d60b84b.jpg

Then click the LMB to pick-up the arrow from below the snow's surface:
20190206100205_1.thumb.jpg.6dd9c246c625d2e5ae35f805bb9e45a0.jpg

Cool about being able to find the arrows by "digging" around in the snow.  I did go back to the location and found the arrow just sitting on the snow where the deer carcass had been.  So, I can confirm that the arrows do get left behind once the carcass despawns.  It's nice to know though that if I had just been a little more thorough in poking around the body, I might have found it and not had to make the trip back to that area.

Archived