boy_scout_kevin

Map Connectors?

Anybody know of a map or flowchart or something that lists where each of the maps connects with another, and if so, would you please point me to it? Thanks.

The Wiki page for each region generally has a few different maps connected to it.  Chances are at least one of those maps will show you where that region connects to regions that are adjacent to it.  Also, if you toggle to your "World" map in game, you'll see all the regions together, which will give you a rough idea of where they should connect to each other.

My godly paint skills on display but it gets the job done.

5c4ba6dd57bb9_TLDMap.thumb.png.1f07a327138a418ed2192b8fc11c2fb6.png

• Upvote 4

Google the long dark maps from whiteberry. They are old but very informative. And, basically, they show all the connections you want.  

When I first came across the Whiteberry maps I thought, "Wow, these are fantastic".  They greatly simplified the game.  After benefitting from them for several weeks I began to realise that they spoiled the game.  It was probably after Hushed River Valley came out and I had to explore it without any maps. 

The most thrilling part of the game is when you are in virgin territory, when you have no idea where there is shelter, you have no idea which way to go, then it become misty, you can't see more than 50 ft and you have lost your sense of direction.  It is scary. 

If you have a map, or once you become familiar with the terrain, that experience with unknown, virgin territory is much watered down.

Try and resist the temptation to make the game easy.