Vanishing Filing Cabinet Drawers

SteveP

I could use a bit of help to understand the current set of open issues but specifically one problem that we are seeing reported on the Facebook community group, to wit:

" Anyone broke the things in camp office and noticed your draws upstairs rising higher each time and the filing cabinet draws down? Dudes, the game has swallowed an entire f*****g draw from the filing cabinet..... Good thing i noticed and took my stuff out .... " I think he means Drawers

Implies that there is a work around.

50337631_10155671095641152_5393016195353935872_n[1].jpg

Thanks for your posts! We're looking into issues with containers shifting after objects in the area have been broken down, but are pretty confident we'll be able to restore them back to their correct locations with all their inventory intact.

In the case of drawers, you should still be able to access their inventories as long as they are visible by clicking on their faces. To be safe, it might be a good idea to remove stored  items from these containers and place them on the floor until this issue is resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 6:18 AM, Support said:

We don't have a an estimate for when the next update will be available, but it's coming!

Sometime, (maybe when you post the update), could you explain what was going on? Even if just briefly/generically? I'm super curios why breaking down things causes drawers to move. 

5 hours ago, Support said:

There's a few different things going on, but this bug is partly related to systems that adjust position of items when an object they are sitting on is broken down (so they are not left floating in the air). 

I heard someone else describe that, but from what I hear, the items seem unrated. Stranger still... if removing an item cause something to drop... why would the same code cause something somewhere else, to rise?

Now I'm doubly curious why this bug is so hard to pin down. 

• 4 months later...

Had a similar occurrence in Milton House kitchen cabinet - lost about 3/4 of the items stored in the cabinet. Did not notice anything unusual before it happened. I had been in and out of the cabinet a number of times. Only difference this time was I was at max capacity for it and couldn't store an item (red text).