Old Bear's cut scenes continuity issue

Doc Feral

I have encountered an inconsistency with the Old Bear cutscenes in Forlorn Muskeg.
As I was returning from the spear quest I crossed the Muskeg marching in a straight line on the central railroad. As I was near the passage to Mistery Lake Old bear appeared on some rocks and grumbled at me. Will said "Not so cocky now" or something defiant like that and I thought he was exaggerating a bit, since it looked like Old Bear just couldn't come down because it was on some steep rocks.
I returned to Muskeg looking for the radio towers, and Old Bear attacked me by the one near Spence's, getting three good stabs and running away. This made me think that the cut scene of Will bullying Old Bear was supposed to happen AFTER this first skirmish. Anyone else experienced this? @Support

Did happen for me, but tbh I didn't find that weird at all.

Also after the first skirimish with the bear while collecting the radio tower parts there is nowhere they could put that "scene" where Will taunts the old bear because when you exit the FM after collecting the radio parts... stuff... happens...

On 23/01/2019 at 12:14 PM, Doc Feral said:

Nothing game-breaking, but it would have made more sense if the cut scene of Will acting tough happened after the fight, given how Old Bear terrified Will in all previous encounters.

Yep. I thought exactly the same thing at that point. 

It made me think that perhaps I was meant to have had an encounter with the bear during the trek across Forlorn Muskeg, and had somehow missed it. 

There was no apparent reason for the bear to be "not so cocky now" because I hadn't had the chance to "go full Grizzly Adams" yet. All I'd done was make the spear at the forge and walk back. I wasn't even carrying it in my hands, so how did the bear even know about it? 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:06 AM, Doc Feral said:

. Anyone else experienced this?

I'm having the exact same experience, I chalked it off as a bug where I missed an encounter after using the spear I guess. 

I didnt go "Grizzly Adams" at all between making the spear and returning to Jeremiah. 

Archived