Bug detected: Red box breakdown and item disappearance

oleskalashnik

I found a bug with a large red box, which is located next to a workbench. First I dragged a one hundred of Scrap metal from the Carter Hydro Dam to the Forlorn Muskeg (where there is a Furnace) to make arrowheads.I filled a red box with 100 iron parts. I placed 25 parts of Scrap metal into the two upper compartments and another 50 parts into the lower large compartment. After that, the front covers of the red box disappeared (!) along with all the Scrap metal. Now I see only the body of an empty box without a front panel in which nothing can be put. 

I tried to reproduce this problem again. It turned out that the red box deteriorates even if you do not put anything in it. It happens after sunset.

Clipboard01.jpg

In the Camp Office it happens when you break down things.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to break down the curtains right next to the filing cabinet.
All drawers in it will move down a little bit for each one.
If you position yourself so that you can see the filing cabinet before clicking on the curtain it will be very obvious.

It also happens when breaking down other things, like the chair to its left, but not for some others.

The change will be permanent, so the only work around to this is to refrain from breaking down things where you want to store your gear.

12 hours ago, Hawk said:

It happened to me just going from Version 1.44 to Version 1.46. I didn't do anything else but load a saved game after installing 1.46. All the breaking down I did was before installing 1.46.

As for the toolbox at Spence's, I took everything out of it, then went up to the loft, came back down and the whole face was gone, and that was in a new game after installing 1.46.

It doesn't matter when you broke down those things.
All that matters seems to be that those things are missing in 1.46.

As for Old Spence:
Nothing happens when I walk around and loot everything.
But as soon as I break down the little crate with the coals, the drawers are gone.

This explains the wired glitch I saw.

Doors of one of the cargo containers in the plane tail section on Timberwolf Mountain were slightly recessed and slid down. I had broken down some green crates. Should have taken a screenshot but I’m back at the dam now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 2:14 PM, psychomuffin said:

What I'm curious about is the cause. Why does breaking something down cause certain items to move. I assume that breaking something down removes the entity from the game. Why does removing it change the coordinators of something near by? Very odd

There are places in the game where you want something left behind to be affected by the removal of something else... and in this game sometimes it doesn't work right that way either.  For example, there is a house in Milton where there is a metal container sitting on top of a green wooden crate.  If you break the crate, the metal box falls to the ground (as it should).  In a different location (can't remember quite where), there was the same set up (a metal container on a green wooden crate).  When I broke that crate, the metal container stayed suspended in mid-air.  There is also a house in Milton where there are items on the kitchen table.  Normally, when you break down a table, the items on it disappear completely.  However, when I broke that table down, the items stayed suspended in mid-air.

16 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

For example... When I broke that crate, the metal container stayed suspended in mid-air...

Sure... I can understand that, and I think it would be reasonable to attribute that to forgetting to link or instruct those items to fall or disappear. It would be an easy fix too, just add the same code used in the other circumstances. An error from omission makes sense... but these things are (seemingly) completely unrelated. What does breaking down have to do with drawers? What if MAYBE, and a big MAYBE at that... say, there is a pallet with a mug on it. The mug is perhaps named "Entity315" by default... and is programmed to drop 2 units when the pallet is removed. But if during the design process, someone decided to delete the mug (thus freeing up nametag Entity315), then went and made the drawers (which autonames with the lowest avaible tag, like Entity315), it would be reasonable to see why braking down that pallet would drop the drawers 2 units. But this doesn't match reality... why do the camp office clothes drawers keep rising? Why do the camp office filling cabinet keep dropping more and more?

I get where you're coming from.... but I don't think it matches this circumstance. Do you have any others thoughts? Anyone else? I'm still super curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived