A Deer and A Wolf in One Bow Shot!

UpUpAway95

I've been playing in pilgrim, but being unable yet to draw a bow crouched has been slowing down my progress since everything but the rabbits tends to get wind of me long before I'm able to get aimed.  Today, though, the game giveth.  I had been quietly following a deer that was upwind of me waiting for it to reverse its pathing and turn towards me so I could take my shot when a wolf ran in and took down the deer... enabling me to get in a perfect headshot on the wolf.  My only regret as I'm cooking up the 10 kg of venison and 5 kg of wolf meat is that I didn't get a snapshot of the wolf lying right next to the deer carcass with my arrow sticking out from his eye.

19 minutes ago, NardoLoopa said:

What a great two-fer.  Congrats!

Spooking deer into Wolves is a great way to reduce your risk (distracted Wolf) and maximize your meat per arrow.  Just watch out that the deer doesn't decide to Kite the wolf your way instead.  (happened to me multiple times)

Thanks.  A wolf won't ever attack me on pilgrim though.  My character is so well equipped and stocked up on supplies now that there really is nothing that will cause him to die.  I selected pilgrim mode when I was first learning the game; and frankly, I'm rather bored with this playthrough now.  However,  since I can't increase the difficulty of it and refuse to start over with another character and lose all the progress I've made towards the Faithful Cartographer and 500-day achievements, I"ll just hump it through till I get those then probably take a long break from this game to play something more exciting.

Archived