skates, igloos

blue marlin

My suggestion  will  be skates and igools.

Would be nice if we can find skates. For being faster on the frozen lakes and rivers .  I mean Canada is famous for ice hockey.

And igools will be usefull when we are in forest. And need a place to sleep or when a snowstorm is coming.

Sorry my english is not the best. 

I'd prefer to see snowshoes added as opposed to skates.  Rivers and lakes are usually not good for ice skating until their surface is at least cleared of snow by shoveling, so skates really wouldn't be practical, IMO. 

As for igloos, I'm really not sure what purpose they could serve in game that is not already served by the snow shelters we can already craft.  There was a thread asking for alternatives because the OP was finding themselves short of cloth.  I think that issue could be easily resolved though by simply having the player get more cloth back whenever they dismantle a snow shelter.  Currently, it takes 15 sticks and 5 cloth to build a snow shelter and you get 10 sticks and 2 cloth back when you dismantle/harvest it.  They could adjust this so that you get, say, 10 sticks and 4 cloth back, making the actual cost of building one only 5 sticks and 1 cloth.

If they want to put in a building aspect into the game such that, ultimately, we move from merely surviving to thriving and settling permanently on Great Bear, I would rather they work towards adding a skill set that would, after a period of time, allow us to build a log cabin of our own design in our own chosen location.

Archived