Add more

Tohono O'odham Man

Guest kristaok
17 hours ago, Tohono O'odham Man said:

Add more sea like along the coast to hunt. And Mountain lions and other wild life. And a hand book on how to survive from the first nations people. And i hope there are first nation's people in the store mode. And i would like to say thank you the long dark is amazing

I definitely agree, I’d love to see mountain lions. 

19 minutes ago, DerpyLemon115 said:

Mountain lions (or cougars) are already planned to be added to the game at some point. 

You sure about this? Did anyone actually officially acknowledged it? I would not be so sure. They were planned as part of the roadmap, but many of those suggestions were already discontinued, as they were simply too ambitious. Though I expect that these are one of the goals from the roadmap that Hinterland will add, eventually. But unless we hear something official in this direction, lets temper our hopes on it.

Thank you very much, @Tohono O'odham Man for your expressed wish, but if you pardon my critique - your suggestion didnt really go in depth much. While it is nice to see what you would like, if you dont describe a more detailed suggestion, the Hinterland cant know what your likes would be. Try to take a look at your suggestion from their perspective - if they decided to add all the things you suggested, do you think they could do that based on your suggestion alone? I dont think they could, because they dont know anything about why you would like these suggestions. :)

If you are not very busy, do you think you could describe the seaside region you would like to see added into the game, the way it looks in your imagination? What locations would be found there, how would it roughly look on the map? How would the mountain lions behave, as animals? How much meat they would have if hunted, how many calories would this meat provide, and what would their hide be used for? What is this hand book, and what purpose would it serve? Try asking yourself questions like these, answer them, write them down - and you will have a perfect Wishlist suggestion idea compilation, which we can then discuss further, maybe find a way to make these changes fair and interesting for the actual game. And who knows? Maybe the Hinterland will see it, like it, and decide to include them into the game in the end :) 

Archived