Milton Mailbag -- Dispatch #20

Raphael van Lierop

Hello Devs/Mr. Raph, I would really love to know if you would ever ponder the thought of Will having a possible wolfie friend? Either in story mode or and/or survival?? Love the new developments by the way, have been a big fan from the very beginning.

-Shannon

On 1/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Question from @hozz1235:

I have an old Survival game (on day 740) and I've noticed that the placement of certain objects are different than more recent Survival games (e.g. the truck outside CHD is in a different place, items in the Camp Office, etc.).  How is it you preserve those "earlier versions of the game" in recent versions?

In general, we don't. If we move something in a region it updates for all games using that region. That said, we are able to isolate changes between Story and Survival, so for example if we need to move a truck for a Story reason we can do that in the "story version" of the region and not the Survival Mode region. We have a pretty complicated layering process for our worlds which lets us control, to some degree, what you see in each mode.

Hey @Raphael van Lierop, I've attached a couple screenshots of the bank vault.  The one with the body is from my older (by this time 850+day run), and the other is a brand new Pilgrim game I started.  You'll notice one has a body and the other doesn't.  This is what I was inquiring about.  Not a big deal, just curious!

screen_bf7114e2-1066-4321-a930-3a9274214e7f_hi.png

screen_f2ceed8e-c59c-4929-a681-3cb6b0dca5cf_hi.png

• Hinterland
5 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Hey @Raphael van Lierop, I've attached a couple screenshots of the bank vault.  The one with the body is from my older (by this time 850+day run), and the other is a brand new Pilgrim game I started.  You'll notice one has a body and the other doesn't.  This is what I was inquiring about.  Not a big deal, just curious!

screen_bf7114e2-1066-4321-a930-3a9274214e7f_hi.png

screen_f2ceed8e-c59c-4929-a681-3cb6b0dca5cf_hi.png

Ah! Well not everything spawns, or spawns in exactly the same place, from game to game!

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic

Archived