Trouble with Hunted Part Two (Bear seems to disappear)

arandomguy

On 1/11/2019 at 11:20 AM, milidh said:

I am having same issue and have reported as a bug. 

www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/22136-the-hunted-part-2-dissappearing-bear

Just tagging you for an update on this.

I decided to back track instead of going forward. I found the Bear right in front of the Trappers Cabin staring at the door like he would be as scripted at the start of the challenge. 

Given I was loaded with clothing gear and other supplies at this point I pretty much just sprinted the entire time after him (including never entering any buildings), making sure I could keep him in line of sight through the area he previously disappeared. Although I did lose sight of him a few I was able to complete the challenge without any further incident. He seemed to follow the path as laid out that I've found online. 

• 1 year later...

I see this is old, but perhaps it is not fixed on PS4?  It just happened to me.  I went back in the trapper's cabin, the camp office, cabin, all 3 logging camp trailers, and the cabin near the bear's cave.  The bear's footprints led into the cave, but he was not there.  I restarted and didn't enter any buildings and finished the challenge no problem.  The bear also runs away at the northern river access without having to shoot him.