More Food and Soda Pop Ideas

Guest kristaok

Guest kristaok

I truly feel like we need more Food choices, whose with me?! :)

So yea I've compiled a list of things you'd either see just laying around in most of anyone's home, or some things that a survivalist would have. 

(These things can either be added to base game or sold in future Food Pack, id gladly buy it as dlc!)

Food Ideas; 

. Canned Veggies or Corn (whatever)

. Canned Chicken Noodle or Beef Soup

. Canned Cheese

. Canned / Potted Meat

. Bag of Potato Chips

. Bag of Trail Mix

. Bag of Mini Cookies

. Box of Cereal

. Premade Oatmeal

. Jar of Pickles 

. Jar of Jam

. Pickled Eggs

. Frozen TV Dinner 

&& Cat Food since we already have Dog Food lol.

Drink / Soda Pop Ideas;

. Cola

. Root Beer 

. Cherry Soda

. Energy Drink

. Hot Chocolate 

. Small Bottle of Apple Juice

. Small Bottle of Cranberry Juice

(Some Ideas I saw mentioned I thought I'd add them here as well for more visibility, if you mentioned an idea before please feel free to say so.)

Ps, if I think of more I'll add to this original post. 

I'd like to see more food items. Even if Canned veggies would give the same amount of calories and water as canned peaches or cereals would be the same as salty crackers it would still be a nice touch.

But Hinteland is provably focused on much more important stuff.

Guest kristaok
8 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I'd like to see more food items. Even if Canned veggies would give the same amount of calories and water as canned peaches or cereals would be the same as salty crackers it would still be a nice touch.

But Hinteland is provably focused on much more important stuff.

I agree. Also I know it don't really seem important, but it does help with immersion... and it don't make sense that we only have limited food choices. :P - Like I said wink wink to Hinterland I would gladly pay for a Food Pack DLC. :P

EDIT: May I also add, look at EA with The Sims franchise, people really do pay for the small stuff. They have been successfully selling Stuff Packs for $5-10 for a while now. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing and paying extra for more Clothing choices, ya know the small stuff hehe. Maybe it's the girl in me, I also would love to see the ability to at least clean our Bases up some and rearrange Furnitures.

Guest kristaok
40 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

Potted Meat and soda-ee crackers. Mmm hmm.

Hide contents

Potted meat now with less pecker and a little loud.

Could not resist, this film clip popped into my YTfeed just the other day.

Why is this inside the spoiler?

Lol I remember that movie... some folks call it a  sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade mmm hmm. 

You know I just thought of this: In story mode there is a thing that mentions that the residents of great bear were frustrated by the dependency they had on the mainland and that victory gardens were set up...

I would assume the folks living there would be participating in their own canning if that was the case and using mason jars and what have you. So how come the only items we find are commercial style packets of food?

Why aren't there the remains of people's garden sheds and greenhouses (which would be more essential the further north you get. Where I live in Washington State USA, many items are recommended to be started indoors before the last frost.) that are full of dead plants and gardening tools?

Guest kristaok
6 hours ago, Ape88 said:

You know I just thought of this: In story mode there is a thing that mentions that the residents of great bear were frustrated by the dependency they had on the mainland and that victory gardens were set up...

I would assume the folks living there would be participating in their own canning if that was the case and using mason jars and what have you. So how come the only items we find are commercial style packets of food?

Why aren't there the remains of people's garden sheds and greenhouses (which would be more essential the further north you get. Where I live in Washington State USA, many items are recommended to be started indoors before the last frost.) that are full of dead plants and gardening tools?

True, makes sense... I haven't really thought of that before. Good point.

1 hour ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

Canned Maple Syrup:peaches:

The reason Maple Syrup :peaches: is nowhere to be found is because the people on the mainland are using it as currency.  

:peaches: of maple syrup theses days has tremendous purchasing power.  Non FIAT currency too because it is a non renewable resource. 

Although there have been trials into indoor Maple Tree growing but sadly the syrup it just poor quality and nowhere as good as the outdoor stuff.

Guest kristaok

Hmm I never thought of that, marshmallows would be pretty neat. And the honey and or maple syrup just might work, I just wonder how it could be implemented without being too over powering. 

It would be a complication, but MREs can come with flameless ration heaters, so for expenditure of 0.25 liters of water (potable or not), one can get a one-time shot per MRE of a hot meal. That might bring up the problem that MREs can freeze and Cold Weather Rations typically are freeze-dried food items. In the case of a CWR the player might have to specifically heat water (i.e. 0.5 liter) to rehydrate the ration and get a hot meal?

Maybe the occasional candy or snack stash that someone had hidden away in a drawer or cabinet?

Guest kristaok
23 minutes ago, loriaw said:

+1 !!! I agree. I would absolutely pay for a food pack, a clothing pack, etc. without even thinking twice about it.

I was wondering if I was the only one hehe. 

Guest kristaok
3 hours ago, loriaw said:

Hardly ~ in fact, there is another thread here in the wish list where I added a detailed list of other foods when the OP asked for one. Not just canned goods, but staples such as rice, pasta, spices (some of which could be used as medicine or for cooking), biscuit/pancake mix, etc. I'd love to be able to sear a venison roast, add water, various veggies, and while it is simmering mix up some biscuits (which can easily be cooked on one of those rocks even if they don't add any hot coals to the lid of a skillet) to sop up the gravy with :-) Having the option of oatmeal for breakfast and a leftover biscuit from the night before would be even better!

I want to be able to make stews too, it sucked seeing Grey Mother make a few cups of Soup knowing it would be gone soon, I wanted so bad to make my own. 

Archived