Custom Setting: Item Decay Rate

hozz1235

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, hozz1235 said:

Can we please have the option of None?  Yeah, I know it's not realistic but it is Custom settings after all :)

The custom setting is a really good idea, why not let the survivor mode benefit as well.

What if an option was added to TLD game to repair gear fully and thus the gear could become a new quality called 'Heirloom Quality'.
Then the gear item or clothes item would decay 90% slower while in storage, and would decay 80% slower while being used.
(Storing an heirloom tool / rifle / jacket for 500 days would become very manageable).

• This might make stored decay rates more reasonable for properly prepared gear items.
  • The whetstones and rifle cleaning kits might benefit from an increase in value.
  • The value of cloth and sewing kits / skills might benefit from an increased value.

Just rough ideas but seems a good fit and worthwhile addition to the Survival Experience Mode. :coffee:

20 hours ago, loriaw said:

... and certainly no incentive to go for a long walk to the other regions :-( 

Depends on your difficulty setting/custom setting.  If you set decay rate low, you should be able to loot most items in your game before they decay (given you don't linger for too long in areas - which I tend to do).

I think more easy is to overhaul whole system and leave basic decay setting (no decay-low-medium-high). Extended decay system would contain mechanisms to allow player stop decay with propper storage so basic setting only affects decay rate when there is no propper storage.

Example, when food doesnt decay:

canned food: room temperature, no freeze, no overheating

Carcass meat: freeze, non humid (no snow), no light

Dry food: no humidity

etc.

Clothes should stay as their are, mut their storage decay should be far less slower.

Archived