climbing rope is too necessary?

johnrocker

Guest kristaok

If you don't need it now you can always store it in a safe place for when you do need it. 

If you're playing Wintermute and you're at the part with Grey Mother then yes you'll need that rope. 

44 minutes ago, kristaok said:

If you don't need it now you can always store it in a safe place for when you do need it. 

If you're playing Wintermute and you're at the part with Grey Mother then yes you'll need that rope. 

no past the mother.I'm in the mysterious lake territory. trying to help jeremiah.

Guest kristaok
6 minutes ago, johnrocker said:

no past the mother.I'm in the mysterious lake territory. trying to help jeremiah.

You shouldn't need it, just store it in a safe place or whatever. I don't recall needing another one.

EDIT: Of course we don't know we may need a rope for future episodes, so yea store it if you can.

Edited by kristaok

2 hours ago, kristaok said:

You shouldn't need it, just store it in a safe place or whatever. I don't recall needing another one.

EDIT: Of course we don't know we may need a rope for future episodes, so yea store it if you can.

thanks  by the way  bear on the rail way and it's surronded both side left and right by thin ice  and rifle bullet doesn't effect on bear. is there a way to beat or avoid them? man this game real a hardcore survival experience in hardest difficulty.whenever said to myself'' that's ok everything going properly''  unexpecting thing appear this time bears not one bear theye are every story mission map. now  blocked the wayback to jeremiah.

Edited by johnrocker

3 hours ago, johnrocker said:

thanks  by the way  bear on the rail way and it's surronded both side left and right by thin ice  and rifle bullet doesn't effect on bear. is there a way to beat or avoid them? man this game real a hardcore survival experience in hardest difficulty.whenever said to myself'' that's ok everything going properly''  unexpecting thing appear this time bears not one bear theye are every story mission map. now  blocked the wayback to jeremiah.

Sounds like you'll have to take the long way around the muskeg... (I'd choose the southern shore) Guess I was lucky not to encounter the bear except for the scripted parts. One small tip: make sure you're in good health before returning to Jeremiah with the radio parts...

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok
6 hours ago, musrass said:

Sounds like you'll have to take the long way around the muskeg... (I'd choose the southern shore) Guess I was lucky not to encounter the bear except for the scripted parts. One small tip: make sure you're in good health before returning to Jeremiah with the radio parts...

I agree with this, OP make sure you are well rested and healed up. Always be ready for an encounter with the Old Beer.

Funny I see this post sitting at the top because I was just about to comment on the rope.  My Father is new to the game and has misplaced his rope in Milton.  This is a game-breaker for him and will need to restart unless he can find out where he stored it.
Hmm...unless I can show him how to goat down...not sure if that is possible...

Edited by hozz1235

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Funny I see this post sitting at the top because I was just about to comment on the rope.  My Father is new to the game and has misplaced his rope in Milton.  This is a game-breaker for him and will need to restart unless he can find out where he stored it.
Hmm...unless I can show him how to goat down...not sure if that is possible...

He's at the part where he needs to use the rope to leave Milton? If so Oh boy... maybe he could back track to find it? I'm not sure if there is a way to just slide down lol. 

15 hours ago, kristaok said:

If that's the case, then the devs will most likely provide another rope that can be reasonably accessed so that the player isn't stuck.

21 hours ago, kristaok said:

luckly I passed the bear main tip about animals bear or wolves  keep away point of view of them.this is the rule I think.tutorials says flares and lights could be useful in theory but pratically  not come in handy. game needs back up alway I have tones of manual saves in my save file. now I'm in the  survival school  missions.discovered the hunting area.it's so good now I can always hunt enough to stock the deer meat.never hungry.

first person shooting  mechanics of the long dark is  like a hunt simulation game.sometimes missed shot  even if too close to the animal.if you couldn't manage to aim you may miss the shot.

but houston we gotta problem.my whetstone  gonna be dead soon.just 11 percent to use.still couldn't fine another one.I have just one hatchet two hunting knives but conditions  almost about 60 50 percent   all three of them.

Edited by johnrocker

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, johnrocker said:

luckly I passed the bear main tip about animals bear or wolves  keep away point of view of them.this is the rule I think.tutorials says flares and lights could be useful in theory but pratically  not come in handy. game needs back up alway I have tones of manual saves in my save file. now I'm in the  survival school  missions.discovered the hunting area.it's so good now I can always hunt enough to stock the deer meat.never hungry.

first person shooting  mechanics of the long dark is  like a hunt simulation game.sometimes missed shot  even if too close to the animal.if you couldn't manage to aim you may miss the shot.

but houston we gotta problem.my whetstone  gonna be dead soon.just 11 percent to use.still couldn't fine another one.I have just one hatchet two hunting knives but conditions  almost about 60 50 percent   all three of them.

Yea unfortunately whetstones are pretty rare, if you can make sure to break any wood you can when you can with your hands... that will save your tools for when you really need em.

I am glad you found a nice place to hunt, the Trappers Homestead is also a nifty place to go if you have or can make some Rabbit Snares.

Edited by kristaok

55 minutes ago, kristaok said:

Yea unfortunately whetstones are pretty rare, if you can make sure to break any wood you can when you can with your hands... that will save your tools for when you really need em.

I am glad you found a nice place to hunt, the Trappers Homestead is also a nifty place to go if you have or can make some Rabbit Snares.

I found it 100 percent in the top of the tower which jeremiah wants me to make his wolfsuit to repair.some comments about bow and arrow not available for the wintermute is until to 3th episode I'm in the mystery lake territory so it means episode 2 is that true ? I mean bullets are rare and numbered obvius so I know the requirements to craft the bow and arrow but I can't find any maple samping anywhere all other stuff like intestine feathers etc done but maple samping doesn't appear never. 

rabbit hunting is another world it's so tough to hunt.best way to be not hungry for now fishing easy not risky but low calori.deer hunting is the real deal but I need a bow

Edited by johnrocker

Guest kristaok
1 minute ago, johnrocker said:

I found it 100 percent in the top of the tower which jeremiah wants to make his wolfsuit to repair.some comments about bow and arrow not available for the wintermute is until to 3th episode I'm in the mystery lake territory so it means episode 2 is that true ? I mean bullets are rare and numbered obvius so I know the requirements to craft the bow and arrow but I can't find any maple samping anywhere all other stuff like intestine feathers etc done but maple samping doesn't appear never.

I am not totally positive but I heard in Wintermute (Story Mode) that you cannot have / craft a Bow, I'm not positive though... 

3 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I am not totally positive but I heard in Wintermute (Story Mode) that you cannot have / craft a Bow, I'm not positive though... 

ok thanks for the knowledge it's seems to be I have to be very careful  about spending bullet.I haven't hunted a rabbit yet.it's so frustrating without a trap and just chasing with a rock.

Guest kristaok
7 minutes ago, johnrocker said:

ok thanks for the knowledge it's seems to be I have to be very careful  about spending bullet.I haven't hunted a rabbit yet.it's so frustrating without a trap and just chasing with a rock.

If I can recall it only takes cured guts and reclaimed wood to make snares. Once you can make a few snares you are good to go. 

• 1 year later...

If you are talking about the climbing rope in the hunters lodge it can be used in the back of the building to scale the mountain to skip going all the way back around the mountain after you have the spear. Sorry if im too late hope this helps 😊

• Like 1