Yellow exclamation mark in HUD

atomic

Not sure what that one means specifically, but I would check your status screen to see if it says anything. 

Looks like you have some kind of penalty that caps out your rest level below the normal maximum. Do you have an affliction? Been starving yourself a lot recently? 

No afflictions on the status screen. Yes, I was starving and saw a red bar growing clockwise for fatigue but I'd be interested to know what that means. I mean I am tired anyway and I know I can't carry a lot in that state.

5c217a58bb7b5_screen_(157)_cc9bb446-6114-444d-8185-307a5fe8de5a.thumb.jpg.d6d09a91a7c20ea3900a66319c716c08.jpg

After sleeping about 6 hrs without eating and drinking it looks like that:

hud2.jpg.c0fcb42196e82a77bbc4ef8a08037921.jpg

It dissapears after eating and drinking to get white bars there and sleeping for 4 hours. But what does that mean, I mean I know I'm exausted when the display is red...

Guest kristaok

I wonder if it's from being starved / dehydrated, that would honestly be my guess. 

Id say as long as you're not eating and drinking your fatigue will continue to rapidly decline like that, you should definitely eat and drink. 

Probably starvation.

It used to be a red dash above the fatigue bar, but maybe it's changed. I've not been able to find the exact numbers anywhere, but after a certain time without food (seems to be on the second consecutive day) you'll get this affliction on the HUD, you will tire faster and your max fatigue will be hit. Sleep when you're not staving to fix it.

11 hours ago, Andy_K said:

Probably starvation.

It used to be a red dash above the fatigue bar, but maybe it's changed. I've not been able to find the exact numbers anywhere, but after a certain time without food (seems to be on the second consecutive day) you'll get this affliction on the HUD, you will tire faster and your max fatigue will be hit. Sleep when you're not staving to fix it.

I can't help thinking that there could be a lot more made of this mechanic. Make it cut in sooner, and make it harder to cure. Maybe also have it speed up your freezing rate, since calories help the body keep itself warm.

You could go hundreds of hours in the game without knowing that this system even exists, probably. I think it should be foregrounded much more.

Archived