Respawn of Items in survivalmode

Justingugu

I don't think that's the intent of the game.  But maybe it will like a customized option rather than the normal Voyageur, Stalker, Interloper, etc .

For example, an option for man made things like candy bars and clothes will never respawn (realistic).  But rosehips, cattail, and moss can respond very slowly (1000+ days).    This way you need to keep clearing out all the maps and repeat if you want a long life.   I think some man-made things respawn slowly on the shores.

There is already a "spawns" option in the custom game.

9 minutes ago, U47 said:

Please define "lots of time".

From what I understand you can survive well over 1000 days easily.

I've personally did survival for 120 days.  After clearing lots of maps, I have piles of supplies at "base camps".  So I can see going 1000 days difficult but possible.

You can survive indefinitely. Thanks to beachcombing, almost every item in the game can be obtained. All the major, necessary items can be obtained through beachcombing - bows, arrows, craftable clothes - all of those things are renewable.

Besides, item respawn would make no logical sense, unless it was about things like plants (and even those don't re-grow in the middle of the winter). So, sorry to say, this is probably never going to happen.

The items are already quite plentiful - consider all the objects you can tear up, and you can very easily stretch your resources over 2 thousand days. So this really aint neccesary. I can almost quarantee you will get tired of the long-term game before you run out of em.

Guest kristaok

I don't think respawning is a good idea it wouldn't go well with the storm, the lack of people producing food, etc. etc. but I see nothing against respawning the plants.

I don’t think respawning of items would fit TLD. It just isn’t what the game was meant to be. Your not really “surviving” if a chocolate bar magically appears after a set time. This would also defeat the purpose of surviving as long as you can with what your given and can obtain, which currently in TLD is plenty. I’ve heard of people going for thousands of days in the games current state.

9 hours ago, DesertWolf29 said:

I don’t think respawning of items would fit TLD. It just isn’t what the game was meant to be. Your not really “surviving” if a chocolate bar magically appears after a set time. This would also defeat the purpose of surviving as long as you can with what your given and can obtain, which currently in TLD is plenty. I’ve heard of people going for thousands of days in the games current state.

I don't think ANYONE wants chocolate bars respawning,.   Just some natural plants respawning every 1000 or so days.   Man made things already get washed ashore (respawned)  slowly at the shores which makes survival forever difficult but at least possible,.

Archived