Bear fight - cave Redux

MueckE

SPOILER

There is a huge bug, when you get your spear back and start to fight the bear in the cave you have to stand. If you crouch while holding the spear the game doesn't count the fight properly. I had to fight him at least 15 times and he won't die.

I quit the game, reloaded, again retrieved the spear and now fought him while standing and after the third fight he died.

DON'T CROUCH to fight him or the game will not count that fight!

Thanks for your posts! We're looking into issues with the Old Bear in this part of Episode.

@Serenity, it looks like the Bear can get "lost" if Mackenzie drops down a hole in the floor to the passage below, on his way to the final cavern. If you have done this in your playthrough and are having difficulty with the final scene, try reloading from your last save.

I'm having an issue in the same scene. I had no issues using the spear out in the world at large, but there's a serious issue preventing progress.

The spear "aim" LMB usually works the first time, but after driving off the bear's first attack, when he charges again, pressing LMB to "aim" causes the spear to lower to the correct position, but then it immediately restores to the "not aimed" position. This results in a mauling. I generally survive the first mauling (bleeding with no way to bandage) but picking up the spear and attempting to LMB to "aim" causes the problem again. 

I've tried numerous "timings" of when to hold the LMB. When done without the bear charging, pressing and holding LMB seems to cause the spear to stay in the aimed position for about 5 seconds. When pressed immediately before or at the start of the bears charge, the spear goes down, then immediately back up.

It seems to work fine for the first charge, it's the second charge it "resets" on. I've tried hiding in the little coves for a while to see if it made any difference that the combat sequences weren't back-to-back but it makes no difference. I've tried restoring to an earlier save and going through the whole "find the spear room" part again and it makes no difference. 

This is making it impossible to continue the game. I've tried this about 40 different ways, with different timing and different approaches and worst case is that the spear won't even stay in place for the first charge, the best case is that it works perfectly for the first charge but then breaks for the next.

Mac Pro
OSX 10.14.2
64G RAM
Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB

PS: I found I was able to work around the problem by retreating to a safe area, then using LMB to activate "aim" a few times, then leaving the safe area and confronting the bear for round 2 and 3. Using this method the "un-aim" glitch didn't occur during combat and I was able to complete the cave sequence

Archived