KnightVision

Cave by Monolith Lake in Hushed River Valley

Recommended Posts

I've found at cave by a waterfall at Monolith Lake with its entrance partly blocked by shrubbery. However, there seems to be an invisible wall in front of the shrubs - I can't reach neither them or the small gap to the entrance of the cave. Is this something that happened during the update or has it always been like this? I would very much like to use this cave, since I just shot a moose outside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KnightVision said:

Is this something that happened during the update or has it always been like this?

Not sure, this may need to be checked, (invisible walls do occur from time to time during updates).
The scrub brush blocking progress is common throughout HRV, it is intended, but if the mouse curser is hovered on the brush the player should be able to breakdown the brush into sticks by using a hatchet...when you hover on the brush does any text appear or is it an actual invisible wall?
Best of luck and please keep us updated my friend, and Welcome @KnightVision. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

Not sure, this may need to be checked, (invisible walls do occur from time to time during updates).
The scrub brush blocking progress is common throughout HRV, it is intended, but if the mouse curser is hovered on the brush the player should be able to breakdown the brush into sticks by using a hatchet...when you hover on the brush does any text appear or is it an actual invisible wall?
Best of luck and please keep us updated my friend, and Welcome @KnightVision. :coffee:

Thank you! No, sadly I can't break down or can't get close enough to break down the scrub brush with my hatchet. I have done this on several other occasions on HRV before without problems. But I'm going to do a new try later today! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KnightVision said:

Nope. Still an invisible shield in front of this cave. :(

TYVM for keeping us updated.
Perhaps a temporary roadblock while update work is underway by developers.
Updates are a process and we will likely hear more information in the coming days, (then again, we have all grown accustomed to the knee high invisible wall at the top step of the Carter Hydro Station entrance).
Thanks again my friend for checking and updating this post. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, s7mar7in said:

then again, we have all grown accustomed to the knee high invisible wall at the top step of the Carter Hydro Station entrance

That has got to be the best stair troll in the game.   

A survivor from the past (before the yard was enclosed by a fence) almost died because of that top stair.  Hypothermia had set in and the blizzard made everything so difficult to see.  As he got to the top stair he stopped and then frustration built up as he slowly dies.  Up and down the stairs, retreat and then forward.  No way.  Cannot get past and now only a sliver of health(used to be able to see percentage it was 3%).  Strafe and finally the stair is mastered.  Inside.  Warmth.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also having the same problem as mentioned by KnightVision. Not able to get into the cave or close to the shrubs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try walking backwards... goofy I know, but it how I confused the stair troll at the dam, may work here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont really seem to ever get stung by invisible collison meshes on steps etc though I see it happen to others in streams / vids. Is it tied to performance settings etc. i.e. is the nav mesh getting borked there as a result of in game LOD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lived through several iterations of the dam now, and I still haven't encountered the troll step. But I've noticed quite a few minor inconsistencies regarding meshes not matching terrain after the update - although not as harsh as the one the OP talks about .... yet. It's a bit sad. The update overall seems a bit rushed and didn't make a whole lot better, and quite a few things .... hm.... not-better. Hopefully we can expect a timely hotfix. I'd hate for TLD to become yet another game where one would delay updates on purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:23 AM, KnightVision said:

I've found at cave by a waterfall at Monolith Lake with its entrance partly blocked by shrubbery. However, there seems to be an invisible wall in front of the shrubs - I can't reach neither them or the small gap to the entrance of the cave. Is this something that happened during the update or has it always been like this?

You will not believe me, but I'm trapped inside that cave, since I was there before the update :|

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums, @Heisenberg!  I'm sure others have submitted bug reports, but I would encourage you to do also, especially since it is a game-breaker for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now