Well Fed Buff

TheEldritchGod

You can find a little bit of non-potable water in some bowls. But it's very rare. The only one I can think of is on the workbench in Qonset.

The only time I have really used the tablets is when had some non-potable water from a fire left. Like accidentally taking off the pot before it was boiled.

The fatigue system that sets in from not eating properly is dependent on how many calories you eat. Unfortunately, it is a fixed amount. So the amount you need to eat for Interloper to sleep 10 hours is just about enough. You don't notice it unless you are starvation living on stalker or better. THEN it starts to add up. I've seen some people get it on interloper because they REALLY ride that line, but it takes a long time for the perma-fatigue to set it.

As for pur-water tabs, It'd make more sense if you got like 20 tabs and each tab was .5 liters. Then that would save me some serious time on interloper. Otherwise, they are a joke and I use them for decoration.

However, only toilets that have a back tank should give you clean water. The toilets that are pressure flush, like those at Quonset or The Dam, those should give up non-potable water. Just a minor gripe.

8 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Yeah the purification tablets always felt misplaced. I feel like they are something like a design concept the devs double backed on, but then didn't remove them since they had some theoretical use. They effectively save you some time and/or firewood. So in a dire survival scenario they have an application, which I actually came to use two or three times. But those scenarios arise as rarely as the tablets.

Yup, I  have used them on only a few occasions - mostly on Interloper with a FM spawn and trying to make as much water as possible at the Poacher's camp after starting a fire with the flare in as little time as possible.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, MarrowStone said:

You know, $2.50 horse armor that was (mostly) cosmetic used to be an utter outcry.  (It did offer a larger health pool but it wasn't required at all to fully enjoy Oblivion.)

Now it's hardly anything compared to what most gaming companies see as "acceptable".

Horse armor for the very first DLC outcry for.... 200 Microsoft Points.  At least the points were compatible with Zune. ;)  

2 hours ago, Pillock said:

I always use the water purifying tabs at the earliest opportunity after I find them. Because... why not? The allow you to save 2 hours of fire time per pack of 4 tabs. I think that's quite decent.

Great idea to use the early.  Personally, I always carry a pack just in case I'm in an "unexpected" jam....   but I have NEVER been in a jam to use them, not once!?!?!  Time to re-evaluate.   

Archived