Lighting Torhes

henroe32

20 hours ago, henroe32 said:

I play on XBOX ONE and after the new update I now have no idea how to light a torch from a fire given that RT and A open the menu.

They removed this ability from the game with the new Fire interface, I suspect by accident.  Please file a bug report.  For now the work around to light a specific torch from inventory is:

1. Select a lit Fire with the A Button.

2.  Chose to take a Torch.

3. Throw the torch on the ground with the LT.

4. Go into your inventory and select the torch you actually want to use to equip it.

5.  Go to the torch on the ground and use the A button to ignite the torch you want without using a match.

@henroe32Ok.  I just "tested" this after typing it up (backwards I know).

You can lit an equipped Torch by selecting a active fire by using the RT or A Button and holding  the A Button to  "ADD FUEL"  on an active Fire.   However, with an unlit torch equipped you can NOT actually add fuel to the fire using the Add Fuel option.  So there you go....

6 hours ago, Strategizer said:

@henroe32Ok.  I just "tested" this after typing it up (backwards I know).

You can lit an equipped Torch by selecting a active fire by using the RT or A Button and holding  the A Button to  "ADD FUEL"  on an active Fire.   However, with an unlit torch equipped you can NOT actually add fuel to the fire using the Add Fuel option.  So there you go....

It's the same on PC. To light a torch in your hand using a fire, you have to click on the fire and choose "Add Fuel".

It's a bit of a weird way of implementing it, if you ask me. Why not just add an extra option icon for "Light Torch"?

On 19.12.2018 at 11:48 PM, Pillock said:

Why not just add an extra option icon for "Light Torch"?

They need to bring back just holding the torch to the fire. Directly interacting with objects is a lot better than having to do it through immersion breaking menus.

4 hours ago, Serenity said:

They need to bring back just holding the torch to the fire. Directly interacting with objects is a lot better than having to do it through immersion breaking menus.

They fixed this in the 1.42 hot fix on Steam. It now works just like before, if you are holding an unlit torch and interact with a lit fire then it will now light the torch and not open the fire menu.

Hopefully this fix will make it to the consoles soon.

11 hours ago, Serenity said:

I whole heartedly agree. If I want to cook I should press on the cooking slots and if I want to add fuel I should select the fire. The menus break the immersion of the game and especially on Xbox feel clunky to use.

Archived