Black screen after redux update

TeflonGoon

The game was running fine yesterday. But now when I launch the game, I get a black screen (sometimes two edges have thin green borders) and my PC freezes.

I've tried every suggestion on "Troubleshooting Crashes or Graphics Issues", but nothing has worked. I've reinstalled it three times, tried the various .bat files, and every other suggestion I could find online. Nothing works.

The two times I've made it to the Disclaimer Screen, the keyboard was unresponsive and I couldn't do anything.
I got it from Steam, run Windows 10, DX12, graphics drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, and my system easily meets the tech requirements.

Giving up for the night as I've already wasted 3 hours not playing the game. If there are any other solutions out there, I'd love to hear them...

Cheers

12 minutes ago, TeflonGoon said:

Giving up for the night as I've already wasted 3 hours not playing the game. If there are any other solutions out there, I'd love to hear them...

Before you attempt to restart the game; to better investigate this issue, you may want to share your Session Log file.
You should be able to add it as an attachment to your next post.

How to Find your Session Log in Windows:

1. In Windows, open File Explorer
  2. At the top of the window, switch to the View tab
  3. Go to the Show/Hide section and check the Hidden Items box
  4. On the left side, scroll down to This PC and click on the C drive
  5. Navigate to the following folder: 
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\TheLongDark
    (Your Windows username will be the name of the USERNAME folder)
  6. Inside TheLongDark folder you will find a file named output_log.txt . This is your session log.

Excellent job with the level of detail in your original post @TeflonGoon, and welcome to the forums my friend. :coffee:

9 minutes ago, s7mar7in said:

Before you attempt to restart the game; to better investigate this issue, you may want to share your Session Log file.
You should be able to add it as an attachment to your next post.

How to Find your Session Log in Windows:

1. In Windows, open File Explorer
  2. At the top of the window, switch to the View tab
  3. Go to the Show/Hide section and check the Hidden Items box
  4. On the left side, scroll down to This PC and click on the C drive
  5. Navigate to the following folder: 
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\TheLongDark
    (Your Windows username will be the name of the USERNAME folder)
  6. Inside TheLongDark folder you will find a file named output_log.txt . This is your session log.

Excellent job with the level of detail in your original post @TeflonGoon, and welcome to the forums my friend. :coffee:

Thanks for your quick reply. Given my stubbornness I actually didn't give up. ... And I found the culprit. COMODO INTERNET SECURITY. I guess that was the green lines. I add TLD to the the exceptions list and all is well. (Except for having no time left to play tonight.)

I'll leave this posted should anyone else encounter this issue.

Cheers

PS: apologies to Hinterland for cursing your name under my breath for the past three hours. ;)

Archived