Inconsistencies for indoor lighting during the night

yarimari

I don't know if this is the right place to post this since I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but since the new REDUX update I've noticed a complete absence of lighting during the night in some places (I played survival mode). I screenshot some places to compare the lighting. All of these screenshots were taken with maximum brightness during the night.

farmhouse.thumb.png.3883989e40f9cfaa5c954e4695c86cdc.png

This is the Pleasant Valley farmhouse. As you can see there is no shapes or anything in the dark. You wouldn't know there was a freezer there without the text.

basement.thumb.png.b713833dd4fb06a8df07d033ffdb983a.png

The farmhouse basement during that same night and hour. You can see the environment before you like always.

5c18e5442d7c6_coastalhouse.thumb.png.f40121960a519fda4690cc254212ea04.png

A coastal house in Coastal Highway. You can see a little texture just by the window, but overall the same problem as the farmhouse.

garage.thumb.png.a218583d50363b08e99159c43ae85ed9.pngmisanthrope.thumb.png.df14c525427e788a8d5950c7da1af16a.png

Here we have the Garage and Misanthrope's homestead in Coastal Highway. Lighting looks good.

There appears to be inconsistencies in the lighting where in some places you can navigate just fine during the night, while in others (like the farmhouse) it's impossible to see anything without a light source. In the farmhouse (the only place I tested this out), the day time lighting didn't shine through until the moon in the upper corner was completely gone. So even during dawn you couldn't see anything. During the day you could navigate like always with no trouble.

In case you're curious, I'm playing on steam on windows 10 and the Pleasant Valley screenshots were taken on my 50+ days Voyager playthrough that I started a few months ago and the Coastal Highway ones were taken on a new Pilgrim save I made after the update. I've never had any lighting problems before.

2 minutes ago, Hawk said:

There's always been inconsistencies with the interior lighting. Your screenshots show what I've been experiencing for quite some time, if not since I first bought the game back in June of last year.

No this is new. Maybe I'm explaining it badly, but the "no shapes in the dark" part wasn't there before (first picture). With the brightness turned up to full you can't see anything before you at all anymore. It's just a solid block of color that also has a slightly green tint to it which wasn't there before. The farmhouse has been my base for the last 30 or so game days and I used to have no problem navigating through the farmhouse using the recommended brightness. Since the basement looks normal I think something must have happened during the update to ruin the lighting in the farmhouse.

Some places have always been darker than others, but not in this way.

Thanks for your posts! The brightness of interiors can be impacted by a variety of conditions, such as the hour, whether the area has windows or other sources of exterior light, the current weather etc. Feedback is appreciated -- lighting is something we tend to revisit, and will likely continue to tweak with future updates. 

Archived