Problem after update?..

Geturphil

I don't want to report it as a bug because it's technically not and Hinterland may have even meant to make this change, but after the update I noticed that while I'm holding an unlit torch I can't light it on a fire anymore... it just brings up the menu to either add fuel, take torch, cook, water. It's not too hard to add another stick and just take a torch but being able to light your torch on another torch but not on a fire is a little weird. Right click doesn't work either.. am I missing something?  Still pumped to check out this update it brought me back and I've been carrying 6 rabbit pelts with me to make sure I could cover the hat when it came out. I'm about to take a hike to craft it right now ^-^. Been a fan for years now! Thanks for the content!

I was having this same issue yesterday evening, got a bit nervous with it and started doubleclicking (well, it was really X button-smashing frustration, as I play in PS4)... and surprisingly it worked. Then I kept doublepressing the X button every time I wanted to lit a torch this way and still worked.

So I would suggest you doubleclick or press the action button twice when you aim towards the fire with the unlit torch equipped. 

I don’t know if this is the intended mechanic, but if it is then it should be stated somewhere.

Best of luck out there.:):coffee:

Archived