The Long Dark Updated to V1.41 [43925] – REDUX

Admin

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/19/2018 at 4:51 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

That does not look right. Can you please log a bug with hinterlandgames.com/support? 

@Raphael van LieropYep I did the other day, and I just installed the 1.44 patch a few hours ago.  I'm happy to report the over the top Blue gone. Please tell the team EXCELLET JOB  resolving  the issue in a timely manner, I'm very happy.    I decided  to post a follow-up photo to the HRV "Windows Blue", attached is TWM in the morning at -59 C with Wind chill (the cabin is warmer) but in 1.41 this would have been "All Blue".  

Merry Christmas!

WIN-20181221-22-55-53-Pro.jpg

• Hinterland
59 minutes ago, Strategizer said:

@Raphael van LieropYep I did the other day, and I just installed the 1.44 patch a few hours ago.  I'm happy to report the over the top Blue gone. Please tell the team EXCELLET JOB  resolving  the issue in a timely manner, I'm very happy.    I decided  to post a follow-up photo to the HRV "Windows Blue", attached is TWM in the morning at -59 C with Wind chill (the cabin is warmer) but in 1.41 this would have been "All Blue".  

Merry Christmas!

That's great to hear!! Thanks for letting us know.

10 hours ago, Demetrious said:

Without these two access paths, the only way to get up on that ridgeline over Milton - and to the cave transition to Hushed River Valley, for that matter - is to bypass no less than five wolf spawns (starting from Grey Mother's house - the ones outside the bridge by Milton, the ones in the wood lot area between the bridge and the church, the spawn behind the church, the spawn on the road between the church and the trailer.) Six, if you're heading to the bridge - or rather, twelve, since your only way back is the way you came. It's no longer consistent with how map paths and access tend to go in other regions.

Yeah, that's why I play Custom game mode without wolves and bears. I got tired of they always flee (Pilgrim) or always attack (all the other game modes). Others may have different experiences of course, but this is what I saw.

There is a bug right at the beginning while exploring Mackenzies garage. If you delay and then go to sleep, the time sequence needs to be night again and you wake up dehydrated. You fly dehydrated, you crash and then you wake up with 3% condition.

For beginners that will be game breaker.

4 hours ago, Strategizer said:

Merry Christmas!

??? I haven't received any update that said it fixed the over the top blue in the game.

My loading screen time increased dramatically. I really can't play the game at the moment with 30 seconds loading screen everytime I exit a house. The Interior -> Exterior loading screen takes 32 seconds now, before v1.41 it was 5 seconds at maximum.  The loading time for Interiors also increased, before it was almost instant, now it's around 5 seconds long. 

Just completed replaying Wintermute Episode One Redux, and it was a real pleasure now to have an engaging story. Hinterland, you made the right call to take your time to change a first release from a lackluster experience to an excellent one.

10 hours ago, Vagos said:

There is a bug right at the beginning while exploring Mackenzies garage. If you delay and then go to sleep, the time sequence needs to be night again and you wake up dehydrated. You fly dehydrated, you crash and then you wake up with 3% condition.

For beginners that will be game breaker.

Report it then? http://thelongdark.com/support

6 hours ago, norup said:

Just completed replaying Wintermute Episode One Redux, and it was a real pleasure now to have an engaging story. Hinterland, you made the right call to take your time to change a first release from a lackluster experience to an excellent one.

I do want to say this - it's pretty impressive that Hinterland invested the time and money into doing it. 

I'm new to The Long Dark; I discovered it maybe six months ago at best, so I haven't been here for the whole long, tumultuous ride. All I know is that the game is a surprise hit with like a hojillion sales now, and given what everyone has said about the story mode (including the devs themselves) and my own experience I can tell right away that the game sure wasn't selling itself on Story Mode. 

And yet, instead of doubling down on the sandbox/survival part of the game that carried the title to fame and fortune and 1.0 release (viz. the safe bet,) Hinterland used their newfound wealth and a windfall of talented people from that Big Serious Official Game Company that folded to... go back and do Story Mode right, till it fit their original vision and quality level. That's not the safe bet, but I think it was the right one. And that's coming from someone who really doesn't care about story mode even now, even though I'm playing and enjoying it. I jumped right into Survival and never touched the Predux story mode, but I've done enough creative projects (mostly writing) to know firsthand how bringing a world to life requires you to know a lot more about it than the audience ever does, to make all the little details "fit," to really tie together the atmosphere. We all know how haunting and desolate this game can be, even in Survival Mode, just as a passive setting we wander through cold and alone, and I'm 100% confident they couldn't have made it that well if they didn't have that story in their heads, dear to their heart. 

It would have been easy to chase "the safe bet," but Hinterland reinvested their windfall success into realizing the vision that they started with - which speaks volumes of the passion and investment that brought them here in the first place. 

And that's coming from a guy who's first post on the forums was "They changed Milton for Story Mode so it's terrible now", so, yeah. 

Really good work. Keep it up. 

EDIT: Basically, what Sunwolf said.  

Well, story mode was always the intention. It's what they originally promised on Kickstarter, so they have to deliver it in some form. Sandbox was meant be just a test bed for Wintermute. That it turned out to be so popular and could sustain the game by itself was an accident.

18 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Well, story mode was always the intention. It's what they originally promised on Kickstarter, so they have to deliver it in some form. Sandbox was meant be just a test bed for Wintermute. That it turned out to be so popular and could sustain the game by itself was an accident.

... you're telling me they stumbled into Survival Mode by accident? The survival mode I've been playing, with all the mechanics, and the balancing, and... all of it... was built into what it is now without having been the core intention to begin with? 

.... Hinterland, are you all wizards or something? 

45 minutes ago, Demetrious said:

... you're telling me they stumbled into Survival Mode by accident? The survival mode I've been playing, with all the mechanics, and the balancing, and... all of it... was built into what it is now without having been the core intention to begin with? 

.... Hinterland, are you all wizards or something? 

Yep. That is basically how it went down, or at least how it seems to have, from the outside, looking in. 

And yes, they are wizards.  With flamethrowers.

3 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

And yes, they are wizards.  With flamethrowers.

Speaking of wizards with flamethrowers, sometimes as I am going through long stretches of otherwise mindless gameplay, such as trekking from one region to another, avoiding wolves on muscle memory where my mind can sort of wander, I come up with crazy ideas.  And one such idea was this:

200 years after the Long Dark, technology still hasn't returned.  Humanity was knocked to its knees, but did not fall.  It reverted basically to the early 1800's, and there it remained.  200 years of poor communication, decimation of the education system, and old superstitions returning, tales of a lone wanderer in the frozen north began to spread. The tales told of a seven-foot tall beastman, with the head of a bear, the body of a wolf, and the legs of a deer.  It would rampage through the countryside, flinging fireballs from its hands, striking fear into the heart of man and beast alike.  It was called the Mack Enzy.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a great update, but what about support for Xbox Play Anywhere?   Microsoft Store says it's Xbox Play Anywhere, however, there is no download for it.   I tried to install the old version on my new PC , but I get a fatal error Failed to load game assembly!.   Is there a date for the Xbox Play Anywhere download to be available?

Redux is currently available on the Microsoft Store! We also recently released a fix for the "Failed to load Game Assembly" error that was occurring for some players.

If you're still seeing that error on launch, please check that your game is updated to the latest version.

On 08/01/2019 at 5:28 PM, Support said:

Redux is currently available on the Microsoft Store! We also recently released a fix for the "Failed to load Game Assembly" error that was occurring for some players.

If you're still seeing that error on launch, please check that your game is updated to the latest version.

I maybe I have not seen an eventually post on this, but Why did you removed the game from Gog ?

Locking thread.

We have previously discussed removing the game from GoG and would suggest looking in the Milton Mailbag for the answer. It is off-topic here as it has nothing to do with our update as we are continuing to support GoG players.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived