Steam crash

timimt

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, timimt said:

I wanted to ask what if I change my computer? Would that help me play the game again?

Hard to say? Depends on the computer. I hope you are not planning on buying a new computer just for a game, even one as awesome as this one.

The only other thing to check that comes to mind is your security software. Any Anti-virus or Anti-malware software yo may be using, may have incorrectly flagged a file in the game, and marked it as a possible virus. Without that file, the game may not be able to launch properly. Check your security software quarantine area, where it locks files that may be infected. If there is a file from the game in there, almost always an .exe or ,dll file (like TLD.exe), restore it using the restore function in the security software. Make sure to only restore the file from the game. Then add the entire game folder and subfolders to your security software's exceptions list, so the program will not lock files from the game in the future. You will need to restart your computer after doing this, to make the changes "stick". If you are not comfortable doing this, that is your choice, and understandable. But it has happened in the past, to me, that TLD.exe was falsely flagged as a virus right after a game update, and to a few family members and friends of mine as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2018 at 1:05 AM, timimt said:

my PC can t find the folder and I just don t know what it s problem is?

open your Start Menu in Win 7 and insert in the search dialog at the bottom %appdata% (with the percent signs as shown) and then you land in a Folder named "Roaming" get one folder back and you find the folders Local, Locallow (with Hinterland folder in it) and Roaming. Hinterland/The Long Dark Folders have your savegames and the output_log.txt file. Update: LocalLow/Hinterland/The Long Dark Folder has your output_log_txt file and Local/Hinterland/TheLongDark has your savegames. 

The %appdata% works in Win XP/Win 7/ Win 8.1 and Win 10 as well. Just unhide the hidden folders as told you by the support team.

Edited by pw10a2sal
  • Upvote 1

If it helps to find you output_log... I run Windows 7 64 bit SP1, also. So your Windows Explorer should look the same as mine, or very similar. Seeing images of where to find the file sometimes helps me, rather than written instructions... (Users- select your user name on your PC, should appear at the top of the Users name list...)

Hope the images may help you locate the file...

Screenshot_557.png.8360179f2fb447a2e04f3cf8afc21ad8.pngScreenshot_554.png.495d267986e6d7b7f74d6f3c372f7ae6.pngScreenshot_555.png.57c0d89c27407218562eab404877af03.pngScreenshot_556.png.dddea3471d9f7501b2215b15a24f1c9c.png

• Upvote 1

Obviously we can't say anything for sure without the output.log, but i remember having the same problem at one point and most of these bugs are just old bugs that reappear  after an major update (unity).

What you discribe happened two times already for a few players and it has something to do with your graphics card or NVIDIA-driver. That Linux-users claim similar problems is one more hint. So if you can, just upgrade your graphics card (some cheap for 50 bugs will do), and that should solve your problem.

• 4 months later...