How to catch a rabbit

Maikleeps

Hello,

I recently started a new game and I started in a location where many rabbits where around. By coincidence there were many stons too :D After a couple of attempts I hit a rabbit. When I came closer and was about to pick up the rabbit it stood up and run away. I tried several times and run to the unconscious rabbit as fast as I could. When trying to pick it up the rabbit escaped. What am I doing wrong? How do you catch a rabbit properly?

Change the default "put away" hotkey to a more practical one, so you'll efficiently stop throwing stones at the stunned rabbit instead of picking it up. And don't forget to stand up!

If you're not overencumbered you should be able to run to the sleeping softy and grab it.

Aim. Throw. Squeek. Stand up and put away the stones. Run and point. Pick up, snap neck. There's no secret strategy.

I'm assuming you throw stones while crouched because everybody does so. I do it too, after reading it allows to close the distance without scaring off the bunnies.

20 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

throw stones while crouched because everybody does so. I do it too, after reading it allows to close the distance without scaring off the bunnies.

When done right, following a bunny crouched you can practically shove the stone right up the bunny's ahem.

Sure wish these bunnies were more aware and then bring back catching by hand.

Just like the training for Rocky.

9 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

When done right, following a bunny crouched you can practically shove the stone right up the bunny's ahem.

Hide contents

Before I knew crouching was "stealth mode" I played the Lord of the Rings version of TLD. I used to throw stones like a hobbit and loose arrows like an elf from unlikely distances to avoid scaring off the prey. Then wargs usually came to bother me, or in very special occasion Beorn was tapping on my shoulder saying "U no kill mah bunneez!".

10 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

Before I knew crouching was "stealth mode" I

Same.

I was getting  pretty good at those long shots.  One thing that was positive is that the deer would only be scared for a short time and not travel far which made the next shot a little easier.

Archived