Wrist Sprain while walking (evidence)

NardoLoopa

From a recent Mailbag, my understanding from @Raphael van Lierop is that wrist sprains should only happen when you "fall" and not when you stumble while walking on a slope.

In order to help the HL team diagnose the problem I thought it might be useful for us to post evidence(?) of such occurrences in a forum thread, rather than everyone post in redundant Bug reports.  (The ? is just epistemological modesty: maybe the screenshot doesn't show what we think it shows).

Anyway, here's my first contribution.  Right above the Trapper's Cabin in ML just after the MT cave entrance.  Overloaded, but on soft, slanted ground.  The coordinates are from a step or two after the Sprain.  I had my bow drawn at the time.

image.png.5c35a4190016ddb6433416aebb1625f9.png

image.png.b7d2317ccaa3d4667896f92d065ca311.png

Okay, sounds good to me.

BTW: I never considered it a 'bug' until you mentioned it.  Figured spraining your wrist was just the consequence of slipping on ice/snow and catching your fall awkwardly.  Also, mandates having a cure on hand; I can limp home.  But without my bow-hand, I'm probably not going to get there.

Good luck!

Guest jeffpeng
3 hours ago, NardoLoopa said:

BTW: I never considered it a 'bug' until you mentioned it.  Figured spraining your wrist was just the consequence of slipping on ice/snow and catching your fall awkwardly.  Also, mandates having a cure on hand; I can limp home.  But without my bow-hand, I'm probably not going to get there.

Well both can kinda kill you. Sprained ankles make you die to the cold, sprained wrists make you die to "warmer things" :D But yeah, I try to always have at least 4 doses of painkill on me.

• 1 month later...

Okay, this is a new one on me: I got an ankle sprain while in the Harvest menu.  That is, I was motionless.  After exiting the menu, I did see a bit of "slide" as if my avatar was still in motion a bit (maybe I walked up to the bear and clicked harvest, but I still had a residual velocity, which was "paused" until I got out of the menu).

But it was really weird to be looking at the Harvest menu for a second, and then "Ouch!"

Archived