New Feat Idea

Jdavis30

This feat could be called something along the lines of 'One with nature' or something to that affect. It would be achieved by reaching a large number of encounters with wolves and bears but getting away without taking any damage. This feat would allow the player to have quieter footsteps, a smaller detection radius for animals, and be better at hiding scent from both wolves and bears.

Feats are weird.  You often get then through the process of becoming much better at the game -- a process that makes the game easier for you.  You then receive a feat that makes the game even easier.

Yet, many people who go through the trouble to 'master' the game, continually look for ways to increase the challenge -- since that was the draw of the game from the start.

Perhaps there is another segment of the playerbase served by feats: people who wish to make the game harder, but don't particularly like one aspect of the game, which they would like nerfed . . . and custom mode doesn't really scratch that itch?

I just don't understand the logic.  I like achieving them, but don't seem to end up using them.

Very nice idea, and not so hard to implement since the game keeps a record of encounters with wolves. The ones ending with a long range kill shouldn't count. I'd also think that when you've killed 20 or so wolves they should start to think you're not so tasty after all.

2 hours ago, SneakySquid said:

Surely you mean 20 wolfs in one game and the effect would only be in that game.

Yes, I forgot to explain. Increasing "wolf fear" as you rack up kills, or even better successful struggles.

Once you are enthroned upon a mound of skulls a bit of respect from the hirsute peasants should be righteously expected.

Archived