Curious about RNG in TLD

DaveMcD

So I've been thinking about the random number generation in TLD. Is it perhaps using somethign on your hardware (i.e MAC address) as the seed and is it perhaps pseudo-random rather than really random and is your playing harware influencing the random numbers and therfore consistently giving you similar outcomes? The reason I ask is that I'm wondering about my own observations of luck in the game vs potential observation bias. 

example - I feel like I get a lot more blizzards and extreme weather in game than I see other people get watching  streams. In a 96 day Interloper I've had 50 blizzards. In other runs I seem to get equally crappy weather often compared to what I see from others. Some peoples deadman runs had way more favourable weather than I seemed to get.

I've only ever played this on the one machine. Has anyone played across multiple devices and noticed the runs having consistent outcomes on particular machines?

As I said could all be confirmation bias on my part.

Sample size is way too small.   And all RNG are psuedo-random for computers; typically you take the seed from the clock (in milliseconds).

However, in my Voyager game I had 39 blizzards by day 50, and had only been in PV 5 days (TWM: 0).  Had 3 blizzards in Hopeless Rescue.  Just lucky.

You need a specialized piece of hardware (a hardware random generator) to have truely random data.
Since you cannot expect everyone to have such a piece of hardware a pseudo-random generator (a piece of software) is used instead.

Unity uses its own implementation that claims to produce the same results on all platforms.

But even a true random generator can result in extreme streaks of good or bad luck, since this merely means you hit a certain sequence of random numbers.

Archived