The Long Dark Community Podcast

I am a Mod on The Long Dark Community on Facebook, and a while back other mods and the group owner floated around the idea of doing a podcast for the community. I volunteered to put something relatively simple together, as host...the only voice you hear at the moment.

I use simple editing software, and Mixcraft7 to put together each episode.

I basically discuss the new Dev Diaries, Upcoming updates, User Challenges and anything else I manage to think of- there's nothing "Official" about it and is not affiliated to Hinterland Games in any way. But we did miss their podcast and wanted to do something simple to fill the gap.

In the future we hope to have special audio guests like popular TLD LP'ers, and who knows what else.

Below you will find the Pilot Episode- Episode 0- which I originally uploaded to Buzzsprout the day before the Vigilant Flame Update. But is now only available on Youtube for now.

And a link to Episode one, just posted yesterday on Buzzsprout.

I'm certainly not a professional podcaster or editor for that matter but I am a huge The Long Dark fan...so I hope these will be appreciated and welcomed with that caveat in mind. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/episodes/861275-the-long-dark-community-podcast-episode-1-4don-to-christmas

Keep on Surviving!

Ross

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Watching the first one right now. Looks good, only comment is that your voice is soft, low volume, even with the video volume turned up all the way. 

I honestly like the slideshow of screenshots from the game, so game sounds and music are not drowning your voice out, or turning it into a Let's Play instead of a podcast.

Really well done for a test, looking forward to seeing what you  do with this, going forward. :)

• Upvote 1

Yes in Episode 0 my microphone was my gaming headset...and it came out poorly.

In Episode 1 I use my Samson Go Mic...the sound is far better as a result.

Also I'm currently feeling very crap (got blessed with a voice killing bug at a family thanksgiving get together) so I might start to edit the slideshow version for upload on youtube sometime tomorrow.

Edited by RossBondReturns
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be recording a new Episode of the Long Dark Community Podcast at around 10:30 or so this morning Pacific Standard Time.

If anyone wants to have their thoughts on Wintermute Redux read "on the air" comment in here and I will add them into the script for the new episode.

You will be called out by message board name and then I will read your comments.

I will be recording the user review segment on Monday and mixing the episode then as well so if you'd like to thank Hinterland via the community podcast please drop a response here and I will read and record it for inclusion in the Redux Review Podcast!

Edited by RossBondReturns
Clarification
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Posts deleted. 

We would ask all all members to please refrain from personal attacks or arguments. Debating aspects of the game in a mature way are allowed but fighting isn’t. 

Also please create individual threads to advertise separate groups or podcasts  Let competing groups have their own space here to promote their work and do not comment on it if you are not able to be supportive even if you feel there is overlap between the two projects. 

We do not want outside drama imported to our forums. Similarly we would love to see cooperative and supportive communities built up around The Long Dark as we feel it’s a game that deserves as much. We hope that despite any desire to grow competing online groups, podcasts, or shows fans can remain supportive  of one and another.

If you don’t like another project don’t say anything about it. 

We have a great community and want to encourage people to create sub-groups and projects any place they’d like but please do not use our forums to fight about who’s is better.

if you feel someone is harassing you on our forums please use the Report feature to alert the admin team and if you want block them from being able to see your presence in our forums.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...