Interloper - TWM missing flare gun

DaveMcD

I have an interloper run going that was my first "successful" run (i.e. lived more than a few days). She's only at about 84 days but every time life got hard for her I'd leave the save alone and go and start a fresh one. Coming back to her after some time (with me having some better skills playing more interloper and deadman) to find her at trappers with <18C clothes and -40C weather outside I thought it would be good to take her to TWM to find some better gear, the flare gun and maybe just to have an adventure.

After bottoming her out to literally 0% health on a wolf attack in PV (but actually surviving) I finally got her to the top of TWM. To my surprise though I found 8 shells but no flare gun. I thought it was a guaranteed spawn on Interloper... I'm guessing that's not true now at all. Guess I better go back to the ravine if I want some orange gun protection.

Anyone else been burned by the TWM rng gods?

• 2 weeks later...

This is an issue because the case was designed to display a much bigger "item" Signal pistol. But since the skin of that gun placed on the ground changed, whenever you find it properly rendered in the box, the actual gun is much smaller then what the case indicates it should be. I am not surprised there are rendering issues.

Also, you might want to avoid putting that into the name of a post - for spoiler reasons. Not everyone on the forums knows the locations of distress pistols. (though I guess hopeless rescue kind of indicates it).

3 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Also, you might want to avoid putting that into the name of a post - for spoiler reasons. Not everyone on the forums knows the locations of distress pistols. (though I guess hopeless rescue kind of indicates it).

Hmmm... good point, I'll try to remember that in future. I had a look to see if I could edit the post title but didn't look like there was a way.

On 30.11.2018 at 3:05 AM, DaveMcD said:

Hmmm... good point, I'll try to remember that in future. I had a look to see if I could edit the post title but didn't look like there was a way.

We used to be able to edit the titles, but that was changed some time ago.

Archived