Food Poisoning + Intestinal Parasites Issue

Wormer

I can't heal the Food Poisoning while having Intestinal Parasites on Interloper.

I am playing Interloper day 80 and have been suffering from Intestinal Parasites for 10 days already when I got Food Poisoning. I drink 2 cups of Reishi Mushrooms from inventory, the game didn't let me choose which affliction I was going to treat, but I hoped it will affect Food Poisoning as well (food poisoning affliction wasn't marked with a check though). Then I got to bed and slept for 10 hours. To my big surprise I lost like 20% condition and Food Poisoning didn't treat! Thanks God I got 15% more condition but eventually I can't treat Food Poisoning! Help, please! This bug is really frustrating and prevents me from playing that game further... not that I want to continue starting another game.

Also, please add a checkmark for Intestinal Parasites daily treatment to know when it's time to drink next dose and when it will be wasted. I already wasted like 5 cups of Reishi this silly way drinking them too early when they didn't make any effect.

4 hours ago, Wormer said:

wasted like 5 cups of Reishi this silly way drinking them too early when they didn't make any effect.

You may take your daily dose the very first time that DAY your char complains about stomach pains. It will get progressively earlier, (the complaint prompt).
Surviving (10) days is an accomplishment, only (10) more days and the red-caps will disappear from your condition and stamina.
Best of luck. :coffee:

1 hour ago, s7mar7in said:

You may take your daily dose the very first time that DAY your char complains about stomach pains. It will get progressively earlier, (the complaint prompt).

Thanks! That's useful! Interface checkmark indication would be useful though, the first time I got Intestinal Parasites I drink a cup and was like: what? didn't work? and drink second one... This behavior is just not consistent with the other interface notifications, hence misleading.

1 hour ago, s7mar7in said:

Surviving (10) days is an accomplishment, only (10) more days and the red-caps will disappear from your condition and stamina.
Best of luck. :coffee:

Can't give you more thanks on this one! This is my second parasites affliction in this game...

1 hour ago, Doc Feral said:

Concerning the food poisoning, I think using tea from the radial menu as a cure (not a drink) should trigger the options.

Will try that. But first of all I've backed up my save games, because it would be silly to lose a good game because of bug.

33 minutes ago, Wormer said:
2 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

Concerning the food poisoning, I think using tea from the radial menu as a cure (not a drink) should trigger the options.

Will try that. But first of all I've backed up my save games, because it would be silly to lose a good game because of bug.

This magically worked! However it didn't let me choose the affliction, but when I drink Reishi from radial menu the food poisoning got checkmarked. My survivor thanks God and hopes for a good rest now.

More info on the problem: the first time I tried to drink from inventory was inside a house, the second time when I drink from radial it was outside, if that may matter in any way.

There are two good things being suffering from parasites:

1. You can eat as much predator meat as you want. Am looking at that 36kg bear carcass!

2. You can rest as much as you want on later stages, because your survivor almost never gets out of tiredness. This means cheap hit points regeneration whenever you want.

3 hours ago, Wormer said:

There are two good things being suffering from parasites:

1. You can eat as much predator meat as you want. Am looking at that 36kg bear carcass!

2. You can rest as much as you want on later stages, because your survivor almost never gets out of tiredness. This means cheap hit points regeneration whenever you want.

I am sorry for tripple post. Just want to add that this is *really* a strong buff, provided you established and get enough food stored (like that bear carcass). I ended up like a crazy lumberman converting my HP-bar and all sticks/branches around my hideout into first-class firewood.

Probably hypothermia can work in similar way: one day I will get off my rags and go swim a bit around that shore to get hypothermia to lose fatigue to restore HP to quickly chop-store some wood with no need of fire. :P

Archived