Do custom settings work properly now?

Serenity

Can you have a custom game that truly behaves like Interloper now? Are burned out buildings also governed by the baseline resource settings?

What still confuses me are the wolf settings. Interloper has less wolves than Stalker, but it's "very high". So either the label or what's behind it doesn't quite fit. I started a game with Interloper presets and merely turned down item decay (I really don't like 200%). Selected TMW and was almost immediately greeted by two wolves (walking from the higher spawn point towards the three way cave I think). On Interloper I never met one there

Guest jeffpeng

@Drifter Manrecently suggested that the Interloper template doesn't reflect actual Interloper settings, and I tend to agree. Comparing Custom "Medium" settings with Interloper is pretty consistent, while "Custom Interloper" is more like Stalker (arguably worse).

That being said Interloper can very much spawn wolves in the location you described, so you can't completely rule out the RNG god.

3 hours ago, Pillock said:

Not sure about wolves, but cabin fever didn't seem to work in custom games, even if you have it switched on.

I can assure you Cabin Fever is working, but maybe not after 10 days like interloper. I got it on a Sleepwalker run, despite being used to good habits concerning CF. And this mode is just small tweaking compared to the Interloper template in the Custom Settings.

screen_b0503ffd-1af1-4f95-b71f-719906c0cb18.thumb.png.72bd9d3e8aca759df308246b98fe267b.png

As for the "feeling" about the Loper template matching real Interloper, I'm not a veteran but I didn't feel any difference between my regular lopers and the Custom Sleepwalker (same wolfy areas, same detection range). I did find it strange, the presence of two wolves between Grey Mother and the nearby bridges, but my reference was a HardMode Wintermute, which is a Custom too. We always feel there are too much wolves, right?

Or maybe it's just the place you spawn at that has been added a wolf in last update to avoid the players taking this shortcut to Secluded Shelf through the hills above deer clearing?

Guest jeffpeng
9 hours ago, BareSkin said:

We always feel there are too much wolves, right?

I lack hard emperic data to back that up, but Stalker definitively has more wolves than Interloper - and it should be the other way around according to the settings.

Archived