DAY 4 (spoilers)

Doc Feral

6 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

The day shifted to 4, the flashlight immediately died out, snow started to fall. I'm in my cave with a lot of books to read. Just wondering if all the talk about fire and brimstone will turn out to be some russian hacker's devious scheme.

run, find some pies and lots of wood and a fire?

No wolves but terrible weather, barely made it back to the PV Farmhouse.

Edit: Found a pumkin pie at the farmhouse's kitchentable. Pies have 2000 calories. 2 candy bars, 1 pie and 10 lumps of coal. I think I have chance to make it thru the storm.

Edited by Kongo-Otto
  • Upvote 1

Here in Italy it's 7 o'clock in the morning when the new "day" begins. I woke up, played a bit, witnessed the change. Then my wife and kids woke up, so I made breakfast (no pancakes, maybe tomorrow) and went to work, so I'll properly play this evening.

I'm quite sure there were no pies in ML, anyway.

• Like 1

Also, it looks like you're forced to go out as I can't get a fire going inside the PV farmhouse and accelerants don't work either. Tried the fire barrel outside and it worked. Irony of it is that I'm at a place with a good source of firewood, but without a hatchet. This is gonna suck but having gotten the first badge and was only able to start on day 2 makes it worthwhile I guess. Good luck on your midnight badges people! :coffee:

Edited by Budji

2 minutes ago, Kongo-Otto said:

I have a fire going at the PV Farmhouse, the fire place not the stove. Cozy warm right now it is. Hopefully it lasts.

Oh! completely forgot about the fireplace... and I've thrown all the wood I have on the barrel. :S

15 minutes ago, Viking said:

Just started my run, all is quiet in my cave in ML, slight snowfall, but no blizzard.... yet. I am just gonna be standing at the back of my cave with my coffee and my rifle, feeding the fire - hope you all make it through :)

Oh wow, the blizzard arrived, and away from the fire it feels like -5C - even in this gear (all 98-100%)

screen_b0ad2d7c-eb30-44c5-b0c9-c0744f19ba5a.png

19 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Got a hacksaw? You can use that on limbs.

nope just a crowbar / rifle  - i just gather lots of sticks lol.  -  left hacksaw on CH i think. had no knive or axe their either from day 1.

Edited by nicko

4 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I've noticed a lot of things seem to happen at faster rates during this challenge..

Has anyone noticed, does that apply to clothing damage in blizzards?

i think clothing has been tweeked to decay faster. also noticed before this challenge maybe?

Edited by nicko

I started at PV farmhouse, but I left most of my good stuff in the cave, so I got there as fast as I could after grabbing a nice pie left for me on the counter - got caught in the blizzard and a little lost, despite the close distance (I should have laid out a path of sticks to follow, whoops), then settled into my cave.

And now... I wait. I'm very warm, I have plenty of coal, my feels-like temperature is now 54 C (which is 129 F) - in other words, I'm in severe danger of heatstroke.  :P

So I loved the first three days of the event. It was tense, fun, and I was thrilled every time I saw a JOL in the distance.  Even losing my first character very close to the end of the first day didn't stop me from having fun (I had 2 1/2 hours to race another character around, making me a lot more discerning than on my first character, which was a different type of challenge). So I'm very sad to say I'm really, really not enjoying today!  :o  I'm just sitting in a cave, doing nothing. I'm playing a mobile game on my tablet while I wait for the 2 hours to be up.  I loved prepping the last few days (there's a reason the blizzard-is-coming challenge is my favorite, by far), but I'm just bored now.

So I guess, if Hinterland is reading this, thanks for an amazing event, but I hope you tweak the last day next year!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3